Itinerary Change - Quest November 2012 (2 Threads Merged)

AtMaui

I am currently booked on the TA on Quest on 11/7/12. Yesterday we found out that that cruise, as well as the following cruise, have been pulled from the Azamara site. My travel agent called and was told they are tweaking the itinerary. It may not change, it may change a little, or it may totally change. They will know in 2 weeks.

Since this is would be my first Azamara cruise, I'm a bit concerned. Is this a common thing with Azamara? I've been on quite a few cruises and, yes, I've had missed ports but never a total change in the itinerary.

A change was already made when we were told they could not dock in Miami on 11/20 so we lost a day in Funchal in order to dock on 11/19.

I'd just like to know if anyone has had a total itinerary change happen to them -- either on Azamara or another cruise line.

Any cruise line for any reason can tweak an itinerary at anytime

That is the nature of cruising and when you cruise long enough it will eventually happen to you.

I have had it happen on Holland America, Princess, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity in my 40 years of sailing the world.

Sometimes it makes sense, sometime because we dont know all the details behind the scenes we think it's a stupid decision.

What matters is HOW the cruise line handles it.

Regarding Azamara specifically ...yes they have done this im the past and yes they haven't been good at notifying people

Specifically last year when they dumped our Libya, Tunisia, Malta cruise

for scenic wandering around Sicily.

Obviously it made sense to drop Libya, but it was exotic cruise that was totally gutted for a scenic tour of Italy with 3 stops in Sicily. Unacceptable.

The real problem was how it was handled.

I had booked direct and was never notified. I found out when CruiseCritic member Jade13 posted a message for me on CruiseCritic, since she knew I was overseas traveling.

With that said and since this is your 1st AZ cruise I want you to know this.

I have been sailing about 45 days a year for the last 40 years since I was a small child.

The onboard experience that AZ provides would rank as one of my Top 3 cruises in my lifetime.

It was simply that phenomenal.

So, if the new itinerary is acceptable don't miss out on an opportunity to sail AZ.

Karen

I am currently booked on the TA on Quest on 11/7/12. Yesterday we found out that that cruise, as well as the following cruise, have been pulled from the Azamara site. My travel agent called and was told they are tweaking the itinerary. It may not change, it may change a little, or it may totally change. They will know in 2 weeks.

Since this is would be my first Azamara cruise, I'm a bit concerned. Is this a common thing with Azamara? I've been on quite a few cruises and, yes, I've had missed ports but never a total change in the itinerary.

A change was already made when we were told they could not dock in Miami on 11/20 so we lost a day in Funchal in order to dock on 11/19.

I'd just like to know if anyone has had a total itinerary change happen to them -- either on Azamara or another cruise line.

Hi AtMaui,

I will ask Azamara, and see what I can find out. If I hear anything, I will post on this thread. Stay Tuned !

Nothing yet. But I will ask again.

Our TA just emailed us that the 11/7 cruise is on a CODE RED STOP SALE status and the 10/27 cruise has been cancelled (this doesn't make any sense, unless it refers only to the agency's package which included the 10/27 and 11/7 segments along with airfare, so hopefully this won't scare off other cruisers). Our deposit was deleted from our credit card. Any info you can find that will make this situation less murky would be appreciated. We have loved Azamara on our two previous cruises, but we are feeling rather unloving right now!

Our TA just emailed us that the 11/7 cruise is on a CODE RED STOP SALE status and the 10/27 cruise has been cancelled (this doesn't make any sense, unless it refers only to the agency's package which included the 10/27 and 11/7 segments along with airfare, so hopefully this won't scare off other cruisers). Our deposit was deleted from our credit card. Any info you can find that will make this situation less murky would be appreciated. We have loved Azamara on our two previous cruises, but we are feeling rather unloving right now!

Hi momcat! This is not being handled very well is it?

That is interesting that you decided to take a transatlantic on Azamara. We actually decided to do a TA on Celebrity since it includes many ports (Civitevecchia, Liverno, Barcelona, Genoa, France, Canary Islands). It is a bit later in the season.

We don't know the issue yet, but have always thought Azamara should be taking a look at Celebrity (or even Holland America Line) for much better, longer (mostly 14 or 15 nights) and more interesting transalantic and repositioning cruise itineraries.

Hi momcat! This is not being handled very well is it?

That is interesting that you decided to take a transatlantic on Azamara. We actually decided to do a TA on Celebrity since it includes many ports (Civitevecchia, Liverno, Barcelona, Genoa, France, Canary Islands). It is a bit later in the season.

We don't know the issue yet, but have always thought Azamara should be taking a look at Celebrity (or even Holland America Line) for much better, longer (mostly 14 or 15 nights) and more interesting transalantic and repositioning cruise itineraries.

Hi Jade,

No, it's been very frustrating and our opinion of Azamara has dropped several notches. We have noticed that Celebrity TA and are considering it. The Azamara TA cruises are usually leave, sea days, bang bang, arrive, so they haven't been very attractive. What was nice about this one was that it was packaged by our same agent along with the previous cruise, so it was a 29-day trip with the TA at the end. Oh well, it seemed too good to be true, and it was. We have some other options to look into and we have the flexibility to go with the flow, which is lucky. Hope all is well with you two.

I for one am happy I booked my air through Choice Air. I'll let AZ figure this mess out. I almost booked a non-refundable hotel but decided not to. I'm just hoping they give us an answer as to what is going on sooner than later. We'll have a difficult time finding another cruise.

Hi Jade,

No, it's been very frustrating and our opinion of Azamara has dropped several notches. We have noticed that Celebrity TA and are considering it. The Azamara TA cruises are usually leave, sea days, bang bang, arrive, so they haven't been very attractive. What was nice about this one was that it was packaged by our same agent along with the previous cruise, so it was a 29-day trip with the TA at the end. Oh well, it seemed too good to be true, and it was. We have some other options to look into and we have the flexibility to go with the flow, which is lucky. Hope all is well with you two.

momcat, they still have to do the TA but are likely changing dates/times, so since you are flexible it might still work out. But, refunding ones deposit with no explanation? Once again it is the "Miami" customer service that is at issue.

Btw, we are on the December 1 Silhouette 15 night (we looked at Azamara but the itinerary was boring and we can't take off for a month to do a btb). There are many TA's with Celebrity, but many are over Thanksgiving and we have to be home for Thanksgiving. Maybe we will meet up again. If you choose AQU class on the Celebrity ships you get a small private dining venue and anytime dining like on Azamara, plus the same dining room for breakfast with included smoothies, and bottled water in your stateroom as well as afternoon ice tea delivered to your room, and unlimited use of the Persian Garden loungers. With Choice Air, most of the one way flights to Rome are running $496.00, so many from Florida have already booked their air. Choice Air allows you to book one way. We may do so and figure out the return on our own later (most flight schedules within the US are not out yet), since flying from FLL will not be an issue.

Here's the answer from my travel agent:

I called Azamara and they told me the itinerary will be changed but the ship is still sailing. They are making final arrangements now as to compensation, etc but as of right now…no decisions have been made.

I wish I had a better answer for you. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

It does seem logical, like jade13 said, that they have to do the TA, but..........

So I'll start looking for another cruise!

Thanks to everyone for your updates and suggestions. Yesterday my travel agent was told it would take another week before we get a definite answer. Because I do accounting my window to travel is the middle two weeks of the month, so moving the TA presents a problem. :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone,

I've not heard anything which can be confirmed, but I believe Quest will be making the Transatlantic, and I hope we will hear from Azamara soon. When the details are released, either Bill or myself will post on this thread.

To those booked on the affected code red sailings, I highly recommend not cancelling your booking. If you cancel, and compensation is offered, you would not be eligible for potential compensation. Why not wait and see what changes Azamara has planned. I hope this helps. Stay Tuned !

Hi Everyone,

I've not heard anything which can be confirmed, but I believe Quest will be making the Transatlantic, and I hope we will hear from Azamara soon. When the details are released, either Bill or myself will post on this thread.

To those booked on the affected code red sailings, I highly recommend not cancelling your booking. If you cancel, and compensation is offered, you would not be eligible for potential compensation. Why not wait and see what changes Azamara has planned. I hope this helps. Stay Tuned !

We are in a sort of in-between category. We had booked with an online travel agency a package that included both the Oct 27 and the Nov 7 cruises, along with airfare from our home airport. We were told that the first cruise was OK but the TA was not. Our last communication with the agency said that the TA was on Code Red and the first cruise had been canceled. A deposit had been put down on the package, but that charge has been removed from our credit card. So at the moment, we don't seem to be in this picture at all. Sure hope it works out well for others who booked these cruises either separately or B2B, either through Azamara or through our agency or others. We are frustrated and disappointed, as this looked like a wonderful opportunity to combine a Med cruise with a TA (and let us add our voices to others who urge Azamara to consider more interesting TA itineraries). Thanks for keeping us informed, Andy.

We do TA twice a year on Azamara.

We are on the New York -Rouen in April but the Fall cruise on the Quest from Seville to Miami seems to have disappeared.

Whats up?

Ofcourse Regatta is doing a Lisbon New York so there is an option but asking Azamara AND my TA produces a "We arent sure":mad:

We do TA twice a year on Azamara.

We are on the New York -Rouen in April but the Fall cruise on the Quest from Seville to Miami seems to have disappeared.

Whats up?

Ofcourse Regatta is doing a Lisbon New York so there is an option but asking Azamara AND my TA produces a "We arent sure":mad:

Hi Keefy,

From what I've heard, and other CC members reports, 2 sailings are affected - both the Transatlantic and the prior sailing. I believe the decisions are made, and Azamara will be making call-outs to guests shortly. I'm sure that Bill or myself will post more, as soon as the details are available, which shouldn't be long. Stay Tuned !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1547638

The Oct. 27th sailing is still being offered for sale, but all of the November 2012 Quest sailings have been suspended. Those of us that have booked the November TA have been sitting here in the dark for the past two weeks, like mushrooms (if you catch my drift)...... :rolleyes:

I noticed today Bill Lieber mentioned the Quest drydock had been moved from Freeport Bahamas to Cadiz and new routing would come very soon.

Thanks Keefy ~ that is the most information we've been given so far, and explains alot! :)

Holly

This was posted by Larry Pimentel today:

"There were several questions concerning our drydock plans for Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest. Just so you have a clear picture of this, the Quest will be in drydock in Cadiz, Spain from November 18 through December 1, 2012, and the Journey will follow in Singapore from January 6 through 18, 2013. Each drydock will take between ten days and two weeks. "

This was posted by Larry Pimentel today:

"There were several questions concerning our drydock plans for Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest. Just so you have a clear picture of this, the Quest will be in drydock in Cadiz, Spain from November 18 through December 1, 2012, and the Journey will follow in Singapore from January 6 through 18, 2013. Each drydock will take between ten days and two weeks. "

Hi FengShui,

I'd expect Bill Leiber to fill us in on the Quest details shortly. Stay Tuned !

Hello to you all -

I apologize for your understandable frustration and appreciate your patience during the lack of official information as we began the process of adjusting three of our Azamara Quest voyages operating in November 2012 in conjunction with our planned dry-dock. We have made the decision to move the Quest's drydock from Freeport to Cadiz, Spain and we have increased the number of days of the drydock to ensure that we had sufficient time to accomplish some design changes.

As a result of the extended dry-dock, the following three voyages operating on the Azamara’s Quest have been redeployed:

 12 nights, Atlantic crossing: Nov 7 - 19, 2012/ Seville to Miami

 5 nights Caribbean voyage: Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2012/ Miami to Barbados

 13 nights, Coastal Brazil: Dec 5 - 18, 2012 / Barbados to Rio de Janeiro

BELOW ARE THE NEW ITINERARIES:

"The Good Life - Islands in the Sun, Madeira & The Canaries" / November 7-18, 2012 (11 nights)

Day Date Port Arrive Depart Notes

WED Nov 7 SEVILLE, SPAIN OVERNIGHT

THU NOV 8 SEVILLE, SPAIN 1:30 AM

FRI NOV 9 FUNCHAL, MADEIRA, PORTUGAL 8:00 PM OVERNIGHT

SAT NOV 10 FUNCHAL, MADEIRA, PORTUGAL 6:00 PM

SUN NOV 11 SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, TENERIFE ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 2:00 PM OVERNIGHT

MON NOV 12 SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, TENERIFE ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 6:30 PM

TUE NOV 13 SANTA CRUZ DE LA PALMA, LA PALMA ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 7:30 AM 10:00 PM LATE NIGHT STAY

WED NOV 14 SAN SEBASTIAN DE LA GOMERA, LA GOMERA ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 7:30 AM 5:00 PM

THU NOV 15 ARRECIFE, LANZAROTE ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

FRI NOV 16 AT SEA / SPA DAY

SAT NOV 17 GIBRALTAR, UK 8:00 AM 1:00 PM

SAT NOV 17 MALAGA, SPAIN 7:30 PM OVERNIGHT

SUN NOV 18 MALAGA, SPAIN DISEMBARK

Nov 18 – Dec 1, 2012 DRYDOCK – “NOT AVAILABLE”

"Costa del Sol to Copacabana" / December 2-18,2012 (16 nights)

SUN DEC 2 MALAGA, SPAIN 10:00 PM

MON DEC 3 GIBRALTAR, UK 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

TUE DEC 4 AT SEA / SPA DAY

WED DEC 5 ARRECIFE, LANZAROTE ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

THU DEC 6 AT SEA / SPA DAY

FRI DEC 7 AT SEA / SPA DAY

SAT DEC 8 MINDELO, SAO VICENTE, CAPE VERDE ISLANDS 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

SUN DEC 9 AT SEA / SPA DAY

MON DEC 10 AT SEA / SPA DAY

TUE DEC 11 AT SEA / SPA DAY

WED DEC 12 NATAL, BRAZIL 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

THU DEC 13 RECIFE, BRAZIL 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

FRI DEC 14 AT SEA / SPA DAY

SAT DEC 15 SALVADOR DE BAHIA, BRAZIL 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

SUN DEC 16 AT SEA / SPA DAY

MON DEC 17 RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL NOON OVERNIGHT

TUE DEC 18 RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL DISEMBARK

As a result of this redeployment, if you are currently booked on any of these voyages, you and your travel agent will be contacted starting Friday, January 27, to re-accommodate you on another voyage or to cancel your reservation. At that time they will explain the compensation program:

Guests booked with names and money in house on Azamara’s Quest 11/07/12, 11/30/12 and 12/02/12 cruises:

 Move to the new sailings on Nov 7, 2012 or Dec 2, 2012, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or re-book on any other Azamara Club Cruises voyage at prevailing rate.

 Receive $500 onboard credit per stateroom when choosing to remain on the modified itinerary or when re-booking an alternative Azamara Club Cruises voyage.

 Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline or hotel reservations will be reimbursed up to $500 per person. A faxed copy of air or hotel fees accessed must be provided for reimbursement. This applies to guests choosing to remain/re-book as well as guests who choose to cancel.

 A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel.

Based on your comments, I'll strongly suggest to our staff that going forward, we should make a brief announcement stating that an itinerary adjustment is in progress without the details (revised itineraries and compensation program) for displaced guests in order to avoid an information black-out. Our usual procedure is to first do call-outs to our guests and travel agents before we make an official announcement; however, because of the transparency created by the internet and social media, I'll recommend that we consider being more flexible in sharing our information with the understanding that guests will exercise patience as more detailed information is presented in subsequent stages.

Thank you for your loyalty to Azamara and your patience.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello to you all -

I apologize for your understandable frustration and appreciate your patience during the lack of official information as we began the process of adjusting three of our Azamara Quest voyages operating in November 2012 in conjunction with our planned dry-dock. We have made the decision to move the Quest's drydock from Freeport to Cadiz, Spain and we have increased the number of days of the drydock to ensure that we had sufficient time to accomplish some design changes.

As a result of the extended dry-dock, the following three voyages operating on the Azamara’s Quest have been redeployed:

 12 nights, Atlantic crossing: Nov 7 - 19, 2012/ Seville to Miami

 5 nights Caribbean voyage: Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2012/ Miami to Barbados

 13 nights, Coastal Brazil: Dec 5 - 18, 2012 / Barbados to Rio de Janeiro

BELOW ARE THE NEW ITINERARIES:

"The Good Life - Islands in the Sun, Madeira & The Canaries" / November 7-18, 2012 (11 nights)

WED Nov 7 SEVILLE, SPAIN OVERNIGHT

THU NOV 8 SEVILLE, SPAIN 1:30 AM

FRI NOV 9 FUNCHAL, MADEIRA, PORTUGAL 8:00 PM OVERNIGHT

SAT NOV 10 FUNCHAL, MADEIRA, PORTUGAL 6:00 PM

SUN NOV 11 SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, TENERIFE ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 2:00 PM OVERNIGHT

MON NOV 12 SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, TENERIFE ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 6:30 PM

TUE NOV 13 SANTA CRUZ DE LA PALMA, LA PALMA ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 7:30 AM 10:00 PM LATE NIGHT STAY

WED NOV 14 SAN SEBASTIAN DE LA GOMERA, LA GOMERA ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 7:30 AM 5:00 PM

THU NOV 15 ARRECIFE, LANZAROTE ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

FRI NOV 16 AT SEA / SPA DAY

SAT NOV 17 GIBRALTAR, UK 8:00 AM 1:00 PM

SAT NOV 17 MALAGA, SPAIN 7:30 PM OVERNIGHT

SUN NOV 18 MALAGA, SPAIN DISEMBARK

Nov 18 – Dec 1, 2012 DRYDOCK – “NOT AVAILABLE”

"Costa del Sol to Copacabana" / December 2-18,2012 (16 nights)

SUN DEC 2 MALAGA, SPAIN 10:00 PM

MON DEC 3 GIBRALTAR, UK 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

TUE DEC 4 AT SEA / SPA DAY

WED DEC 5 ARRECIFE, LANZAROTE ISLAND, CANARY ISLANDS, SPAIN 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

THU DEC 6 AT SEA / SPA DAY

FRI DEC 7 AT SEA / SPA DAY

SAT DEC 8 MINDELO, SAO VICENTE, CAPE VERDE ISLANDS 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

SUN DEC 9 AT SEA / SPA DAY

MON DEC 10 AT SEA / SPA DAY

TUE DEC 11 AT SEA / SPA DAY

WED DEC 12 NATAL, BRAZIL 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

THU DEC 13 RECIFE, BRAZIL 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

FRI DEC 14 AT SEA / SPA DAY

SAT DEC 15 SALVADOR DE BAHIA, BRAZIL 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

SUN DEC 16 AT SEA / SPA DAY

MON DEC 17 RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL NOON OVERNIGHT

TUE DEC 18 RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL DISEMBARK

As a result of this redeployment, if you are currently booked on any of these voyages, you and your travel agent will be contacted starting Friday, January 27, to re-accommodate you on another voyage or to cancel your reservation. At that time they will explain the compensation program:

Guests booked with names and money in house on Azamara’s Quest 11/07/12, 11/30/12 and 12/02/12 cruises:

 Move to the new sailings on Nov 7, 2012 or Dec 2, 2012, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or re-book on any other Azamara Club Cruises voyage at prevailing rate.

 Receive $500 onboard credit per stateroom when choosing to remain on the modified itinerary or when re-booking an alternative Azamara Club Cruises voyage.

 Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline or hotel reservations will be reimbursed up to $500 per person. A faxed copy of air or hotel fees accessed must be provided for reimbursement. This applies to guests choosing to remain/re-book as well as guests who choose to cancel.

 A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel.

Based on your comments, I'll strongly suggest to our staff that going forward, we should make a brief announcement stating that an itinerary adjustment is in progress without the details (revised itineraries and compensation program) for displaced guests in order to avoid an information black-out. Our usual procedure is to first do call-outs to our guests and travel agents before we make an official announcement; however, because of the transparency created by the internet and social media, I'll recommend that we consider being more flexible in sharing our information with the understanding that guests will exercise patience as more detailed information is presented in subsequent stages.

Thank you for your loyalty to Azamara and your patience.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks for the Information , Bill.

Personally this is a non starter due to proximity to Christmas, Flight Times and the inhospitality of Brazil (Crime and Visa Problems).

Sadly we will have to do our fall TA with another carrier. We will miss our Azamara experience.:mad:

Archived