Itinerary Change - Quest November 2012 (2 Threads Merged)

AtMaui

:(This is unhappy news. We were on the point of booking the fall TA but now I find myself in agreement with Keevy, for much the same reasons. While I don't object to visiting Brazil in principle, I don't want to have to fly home from there, having already had to fly to Europe to catch the cruise. So we'll have to chose another line. I realize that Azamara doubtless has good reasons for its decision to change the venue and that we don't have, nor can we expect, a voice in the matter. Still, I find the decision disappointing.

1. Move to the new sailings on Nov 7, 2012 or Dec 2, 2012, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or re-book on any other Azamara Club Cruises voyage at prevailing rate.

QUESTION: Does this mean we will not be charged more than what we are booked and deposited for right now?

2. Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline or hotel reservations will be reimbursed up to $500 per person. A faxed copy of air or hotel fees accessed must be provided for reimbursement. This applies to guests choosing to remain/re-book as well as guests who choose to cancel.[/b][/color]

QUESTION: Does this mean if I have a one way ticket and have to change to a round trip ticket I will be reimbursed for the higher fare up to $500 a person?

1. Move to the new sailings on Nov 7, 2012 or Dec 2, 2012, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or re-book on any other Azamara Club Cruises voyage at prevailing rate.

QUESTION: Does this mean we will not be charged more than what we are booked and deposited for right now?

2. Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline or hotel reservations will be reimbursed up to $500 per person. A faxed copy of air or hotel fees accessed must be provided for reimbursement. This applies to guests choosing to remain/re-book as well as guests who choose to cancel.[/b][/color]

QUESTION: Does this mean if I have a one way ticket and have to change to a round trip ticket I will be reimbursed for the higher fare up to $500 a person?

Bill,

Would you answer the above questions for me please?

Thanks in advance!

Bill,

Would you answer the above questions for me please?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Thecruisechick,

I suggest calling Azamara directly. I believe they will have a special desk running shortly, and I will try to get the number for you. Stay Tuned !

Hi Thecruisechick,

I suggest calling Azamara directly. I believe they will have a special desk running shortly, and I will try to get the number for you. Stay Tuned !

All set Andy. I'm a travel agent so once I saw the sailing was open to sell I just called AZ and they took care of me. (One of the reasons I like this cruise line is the EXCELLENT customer service).

Thanks for your help!

All set Andy. I'm a travel agent so once I saw the sailing was open to sell I just called AZ and they took care of me. (One of the reasons I like this cruise line is the EXCELLENT customer service).

Thanks for your help!

Hi Mary,

Great to hear that everything worked out. I will post the number for our Azamara community, as soon as I have it.

All the best to you.

• 1 month later...

I have just got home from work. My friend Hazel, who has also booked this cruise texted me earlier to say it was possible that the Nov 7th Canaries cruise would be cancelled . Yet now it seems it is going ahead, but the Transatlantic cruise afterwards has major changes? Have I got that correct?

I have just spoken to my T/A who said she didn't know yet, she was waiting on Azamara to inform them and we might not know for definite until next week.:(

Absolutely not good enough......Bill, if Azamara know this Nov 7th cruise is still going ahead then please can they contact British travel agents to inform them asap?

As you know, I am a huge Azamara fan......but it seems they have handled this issue of changing itineraries around the dry docks VERY badly......and unless definitive answers are provided soon this could be a PR disaster for Azamara.

I doi feel very sorry for those people who have booked independent flights and hotels and hope they are sufficiently compensated if they lose money from no fault of their own.

From a very unhappy Lottie who really hopes she will be on Quest again with her friends in November!

Archived