Free Wi-Fi in penthouse suites?

JetJock_YHZ

Hello folks,

If you are booked in a penthouse suite with the included iPad, is the connection free?

Also, if free, can you use the same sign-in for a personal laptop or other tablet device, such as a personal Blackberry Playbook?

We will be sailing on the Navigator ex FLL next month.

Any advice as to the free/costs of internet access would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Carl and Brett

Waverley, NS, Canada

No, the internet is not free because you have an included ipad. There is a charge for internet usage for all passengers unless you are silver or above and then it is free.

Sorry the implication is there but, if you aren't silver or above, you will need to pay for the internet for the included ipad or your own device. You only need to sign up for one account and you can use the minutes on any device.

Let me clarify this further. The Concierge program that goes into effect soon does give passengers in certain suites an hour of included internet and a few other ammenities. The following is copied from the Regent website:

Guests in categories E and above on Seven Seas Mariner (beginning April 2, 2012) and Seven Seas Voyager (beginning April 16, 2012) and category D and above on Seven Seas Navigator (beginning May 30, 2012) will receive the following exclusive concierge services:

• Upgraded pre-cruise Luxury Hotel Package with higher room category or upgraded hotel property

• Priority online reservations on Shore Excursions for both FREE and Regent Choice tours, beginning 240 days before the cruise starts

• Priority online reservations in the specialty restaurants Prime 7 and Signatures

• 15 minutes of FREE phone calls and 60 minutes of FREE Internet access

per suite

• 25% off premium wine and liquor purchases

• 10% off pre- or post-cruise Hotel or Land Programs

• 10% off Regent Choice shore excursions

• In-suite binoculars, coffee brewer and cashmere blanket

• Regent Seven Seas Cruises special gift

Enjoy your cruise

To answer your other question, once you have a sign-on account either by purchasing time or some other means, you can use any Internet compatible device ship-wide but only one at a time. If you are using the iPad and then want to use your BB for wifi connection, you must first sign off the iPad and then sign on the BB. Yes, you can use the same sign-on ID.

Hope this helps.

While travelcat2's post is accurate it does not apply to your cruise in "1 month 13 days".

regarding charges...

cruiseej reported this in Nov 2011:

Time Plan #1: $0.45 per minute - 100 minutes for $45.00

Time Plan #2: $0.35 per minute - 250 minutes for $87.50

Time Plan #3: $0.25 per minute - 800 minutes for $200.00

Pay As You Go: $0.75 per minute

Plus a one time setup fee around $3.95

Thank you very much, folks!

That answers all my questions perfectly.

I do find it a bit odd that they would provide an iPad in a penthouse suite and charge you for its use... kind of like a mini-bar in a hotel, I guess. LOL!

Happy cruising!

Carl and Brett

Waverley, NS, Canada

Thank you very much, folks!

That answers all my questions perfectly.

I do find it a bit odd that they would provide an iPad in a penthouse suite and charge you for its use... kind of like a mini-bar in a hotel, I guess. LOL!

Happy cruising!

Carl and Brett

Waverley, NS, Canada

An iPad in your suite virtually guarantees you will invest in Internet minutes. A great marketing strategy for Regent since it adds a touch of class to the Penthouse while selling those expensive minutes. Jack Morris

Archived