Specialty dining question

LewiLewi

Are there any nights on the marina when you should dine in the mdr rather than a specialty restaurant? I know there are no formal nights, so no special menus in the mdr. Am i correct?

Also, how soon prior to your cruise can you make specialty dining reservations? How many can you make if you're in a ph or above?

Thank you.

The Marina is different from the R class ship where in a PH you can make two reservations in each restaurant. Here you can only make one but your butler can usually get you more, You say PH or above so if you are in a ovo suite you can have two in each.

Usually the night of the Captain's party they serve a more formal menu in the GDR so you may want to dine there then. Personally, and I know this is just my opinion, I avoided the GDR as much as possible as I found it too large, impersonal and the service was less than stellar.

Usually the night of the Captain's party they serve a more formal menu in the GDR so you may want to dine there then. Personally, and I know this is just my opinion, I avoided the GDR as much as possible as I found it too large, impersonal and the service was less than stellar.

Ditto - especially as ALL the other alternative venues, including the Terrace Cafe, are so much more appealing (to us, anyway)

YMMV

The Marina is different from the R class ship where in a PH you can make two reservations in each restaurant. Here you can only make one but your butler can usually get you more, You say PH or above so if you are in a ovo suite you can have two in each.

On holiday nights, on Marina's 2011 holiday crossing, the menu included one or two entrees that were clearly holiday dishes (e.g. goose on Christmas and Beef Wellington on New Year's Eve). This same dish was also served at every single restaurant throughout the ship. If the dates of your cruise include any notable days, and if you think you'll be inclined to eat the holiday meal, you might as well eat in the GDR to "save" your restaurant reservations for more ordinary days.

When is the Captain's Dinner held ? First night ? Second night ? Also, is there a

Captain's Farewell Dinner, and, if so, is it on the second last night of the cruise ?

There was no "Captain's Dinner" on our Marina cruise, although there was a reception, I think on the 2nd day, where the Captain made the rounds of the various venus to meet passengers. Also no Farewell Dinner.

Archived