How early can I get into my cabin?

cruisegirl1

What time do cabins open on embarkation day?

Thank you

M

The correct answer is when they make the announcement that your cabin is available. Note, sometime certain categories are available before others. It is common, though not mandatory that the Suites are made available earlier than other categories.

The correct answer is when they make the announcement that your cabin is available.

I realize that it will be after the announcement is made.

Thanks all to those who offered an APPROXIMATE time. I was concerned about a relatively heavy carry-on.

I realize that it will be after the announcement is made.

Thanks all to those who offered an APPROXIMATE time. I was concerned about a relatively heavy carry-on.

We always get to the port early and are among the first on the ship, usually around noon. I also have some heavy carry-ons. There doors in the hallways will be closed but not locked. Just walk to your cabin and ask the steward if you can leave your carryon in your cabin. I have never been turned down.

We always get to the port early and are among the first on the ship, usually around noon. I also have some heavy carry-ons. There doors in the hallways will be closed but not locked. Just walk to your cabin and ask the steward if you can leave your carryon in your cabin. I have never been turned down.

Thanks

M

Keep in mind that if you do this your items may be left unsecured. It is very common for the doors to the stateroom to be left propped open prior to them being announced as "ready for guests" as there are a large number of staff who will be going into the cabins to each do something minor. So don't leave anything valuable in the cabin prior to it being cleared as ready.

Lsimon, when they deliver the bags to your room, they leave them outside and unsecured anyway. Last cruise, I buckled my smaller wheeled carry-on to my large bag. Since it had a cruise tag on it, they took it and I didn't have any problem. One less thing to lug around.

Keep in mind that if you do this your items may be left unsecured. It is very common for the doors to the stateroom to be left propped open prior to them being announced as "ready for guests" as there are a large number of staff who will be going into the cabins to each do something minor. So don't leave anything valuable in the cabin prior to it being cleared as ready.

I agree. I just leave heavy items like 12-packs of soda and wine that I don't want schlep around the ship for two hours.

Lsimon, when they deliver the bags to your room, they leave them outside and unsecured anyway. Last cruise, I buckled my smaller wheeled carry-on to my large bag. Since it had a cruise tag on it, they took it and I didn't have any problem. One less thing to lug around.

That is true, but I tend to carry valuables like cameras, ipad, etc. in the carry-on so I feel a bit differently about having that unsecured as opposed to my checked luggage.

On Solstice class ships (and soon on some M-class) Bistro on 5 is open. Yeah, it costs an extra $5 but it has great food and plenty of room to sit down and stow your carryons. You're gonna spend $5 or more on foo-foo drinks anyway's :D. 4 courses - savory crepes or sandwiches, soup, salad and dessert (crepes or other things) for $5 dollars (try that at McDonalds). Especially good if you have late seating, you will not be starving.

Much less crowded than the buffet but I will warn you, you will go back for lunch sometime during the cruise.

We're usually on board any time after 11am., made our way to the buffet and had lunch, took our carry-on's with us.

We are going on a Western Caribbean cruise in March. Am I understanding that we can board by noon and have lunch that day?

We are going on a Western Caribbean cruise in March. Am I understanding that we can board by noon and have lunch that day?

On January 8th we were eating at the Oceanview Cafe on the Solstice at 11:30 AM when an announcement came over the PA that our cabin was ready. This was the earliest ever for us.

Good advice....