Seward Transportation

Beaferd

We are arriving in Seward on Thursday prior to our cruise. Can anyone help me with transfers from the train station to the Holiday Inn and then from the Holiday Inn to the ship. I have done a fair amount of searching on the internet and cruisecritic with no luck.

I thought the HI was 1/2 mile from the station but the hotel web site says 1/4 mile.

There are a couple of taxi services in Seward; I'm sure they'll meet the train. Many people don't have a car while they're in Seward; it's very small and costs about $5 to get just about anywhere in town.

PJ's is a popular taxi service but there are others listed on Seward's web site: http://directory.seward.com/list/category/taxi

You CAN walk to the Holiday Inn, it's a block from the station. You would take a taxi to the ship, or if you want to make the best use of your time and take a boat tour, your embarkment day- then most tour operators will transfer you to the cruise ship. If no mobility limitations, it is even walkable- pack light, or make a couple trips. :)

We had set up to use PJ's later in the day and on the following day for some tours we were doing.

The train got re-routed and even though it was the AM ALaska Railroad run, it stopped at the cruise terminal and we were FAR from the Holiday Inn. There was PJ's Taxi with Renee waiting for us to drop us over to the Holliday Inn. She is a mindreader, knows the local area and will take you by eagle nests, fish ladders, monuments, and points of interest if you ask her for some sites or local insights. She is local color, and we enjoyed that part of the service ourselves. She will quote you one price and it covers a lot more than a quick drop off. For more than 2 she is a bargain.

Here's another vote for PJ's Taxi. No need to "cheap out" and walk with luggage when you can comfortably take a taxi for a very reasonable price. We relied on Renee form PJ's constantly during our stay in Seward and she was awesome. She knows every inch of the area and will go beyond being a taxi driver. She's an excellent tour guide and will give you lots of good recommendations. I don't think there was anywhere in town that we went that cost more than $5. Call Renee!

Archived