? about cruising w kids

jwake14

We have four children and I have never cruised with them. How does it work when booking rooms? Do we get a room that is linked to another? Is there a room that will sleep all four kids? We are looking for a cheap but fun cruise to take them on. Mainly cheap because we have so many :eek: any tips and info about booking/going with kids would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

You should probably talk to a travel agent that specializes in cruises. There are cabins that will hold 4 people, but it will be a tight fit. There will only be one bathroom. Depending on the ages and habits of the kids this may be a problem.

You can get connecting rooms, if you can find one; they tend to go fast. You can get two rooms that are not connected but next or across the hall from each other. Obviously this depends on the age and reliability of your kids and your comfort level.

We took 7 grandkids on a cruise last year. We had one balcony cabin and a Family OV on the RCI Navigator of the Seas. They were on the same floor but not at all close together, which worked out fine.

The family OV holds six easily and it was a great cabin--one queen (or two twin) beds, one sofa sleeper, which was large and (what the kids liked best) a bunk room with two bunks. Sometimes all four girls slept in the bunkroom.

Also, curtains divided the beds and sofa bed so I could read after the kids were in bed.

The storage was great, the room was larger than any mini-suite I've been in and the windows were huge--the kids could sit in them to look out.

This was a 5 night cruise at the end of Jan. and was very well-priced (Jan. cruises usually are) with lower prices for 3rd-6th passenger in a room. We had a wonderful time.

There is only one bathroom in the room, but even with 4 girls me and sometimes one of the boys (ages 5-11) we got along.

Another caveat is that those cabins are right at the front of the ship, so if there was rough weather you'd probably feel it more. We had very calm seas.

That family OV is a great option for a family of six. And, it was only one floor up from the promenade and the cafe, which the kids loved for snacks.

Archived