what to do?

rafiki77

We are interested in going on a cruise this July. Which would be better?

July 15 5 night Mexican Riviera on Carnival Splendor out of L.A. or July 6 7 night Alaska on Royal Carribean Rhapsody out of Seattle. We have 2 special needs children and are going with Autism on the Seas. However we live in Southern California and can drive to L.A in 2 hours. Where as we would drive to Seattle and that would be 20 hours. Which one is better?

We are interested in going on a cruise this July. Which would be better?

July 15 5 night Mexican Riviera on Carnival Splendor out of L.A. or July 6 7 night Alaska on Royal Carribean Rhapsody out of Seattle. We have 2 special needs children and are going with Autism on the Seas. However we live in Southern California and can drive to L.A in 2 hours. Where as we would drive to Seattle and that would be 20 hours. Which one is better?

I definitely vote for the shorter drive! For us that is key, not the itinerary all the time.

CruiseDivaNJ Stacey

With the understanding that I do not know about how the travel time will effect/affect you child, & assuming that they are both ok since you are considering both, I would opt for the longer cruise in Alaska... For my family, I can't see taking the time off work, etc. for such a short cruise... I would feel differently if my son could not handle a drive longer than 2 hours...

we have never driven farther then 2.5 hours with the kids. If we do the Alaska trip then we will probably leave early like 2 am on the fourth of July. The kids don't do well in the heat. They both have Autism, Cerebral Palsy and Ectodermal Dysplasia. The latter means that they do not sweat. Which is one reason why I am rooting for Alaska. If we do Alaska then chances are we will be stuck on the boat. I would like to get off and walk around especially in Alaska. The 6 yr old requires a special need stroller for long distances and I'm not sure how the streets/sidewalks would be for the Mexican Riviera. Anyhow, I think I've talked myself into Alaska, now to talk Daddy into Alaska. :)

Archived