What to do, What to Do, What to do

judydeleon

I did the America's Cup race in St Maarten two years ago and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys sailing and boats. It was amazing. You actually get to participate as a crew member (albeit an amateur one) but it is a blast. I had sailed as a teenager and will sail any chance I get and I thoroughly enjoyed this. You actually have a "race" against another sailboat. It was the best!

Tell us a little about yourself; age, any mobility issues, interests?

We love to get away from the port and our last trip to St. Maarten we made our way to Pinel Island for the day. It was easy to find a driver to take us and agree to come back for us at an appointed time. It is peaceful and quiet there, full bar and grill available too :D

These were the taxi prices in 2009

2193330870064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Then we took the ferry

2040289900064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

And this is Pinel Island

2084025840064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

We usually don't do Cruise ship excursions, but in St. Lucia we took the catamaran to the Pitons. Very nice day. Stopped for a while for some snorkeling on the way and then continued on to the pitons. The rum punch was flowing on the way back....

We did this cruise a few years back...great itinerary! Itineraries out of San Juan are always great!

St. Lucia: Both times we've been there we opt for a 4x4 tour...they have gorgeous waterfalls there....Don't recommend the Volcano because it's very stinky and the smell sticks to everything.

St. Maarten: We always make it a beach day here.

Barbados: Try out Silvermoon Catamaran...they are top notch!...We use them every time!

St. Kitts: Only been there once and took a Jungle Hike Safari...Don't recommend it...there were biting ants everywhere on the trails and those suckers hurt!

Hope this helps! :)

the web site tripadvisor

you plug in the name of the island

and hit the link of things to do

or resturants

many up to date reviews - I just make a big old document - like i am now -

Ship Tips (Miracle)

Port 1

Port 2

Port 3

and Misc. - best drinks etc.!!!

Then I whittle it down so we have a few selections if something doesn't work out

My biggest forseeable problem is that the day we get to St. M

There will be 6 ships and over 18,000 bodies on a 37 square mile island!!!

So we are going to try and go as farrrrr to the other end as we can!

I'd recommend Calabaza Catamaran in Barbados. GREAT experience!!

I'm pretty sure the road construction is done in St. Maarten, at least that's what our taxi driver made it sound like. We got to Maho Beach (airport beach) in about 20 minutes or so, with no traffic/bridge delays.

We ziplined in St. Lucia..it was definitely worth every dollar!

Was in some of those ports just last week.

St. Maarten we booked the Sea Trek excursion. This was AMAZING and well worth the money. The crew/staff was excellent as was our experience. Tip: They take pictures of you under the water as you "trek". Then they sell you the pics along with pics of underwater sea life on a USB drive. We purchased almost 100 pictures, and because we split the cost with a few other couples on the excursion we ended up only paying a few dollars each. (My husband had his laptop on the ship and was able to make copies for everyone, most people had their laptops and/or usb drives of their own on the ship). We had extra time after the excursion so we got a water taxi bracelet and toured some of the various shopping locations. Very easy to get around!

St. Lucia we booked the Snorkel between the Pitons. This was just an "okay" excursion. We were unhappy with the crew/staff and experience, it just wasn't up to Carnival's usual quality. We let the excursions desk know (we did NOT complain, just pointed out the difference between what was advertised and what we experienced) and they gave us a 50% refund. Totally unexepected and they handled it very professionally.

St. Kitts we took the Jeep 4x4 safari through the island and up to the top of the island. Greg of Greg's Safaris was our driver/guide and he was FANTASTIC. I cannot suggest this highly enough. It was an amazing experience. To make it even better, he arranged a beach break at a local resort that included beach chairs and umbrellas, plus a discount at the resort's outdoor grill eatery. Greg and his staff went above and beyond our expectations to make our day truly incredible.

Archived