gym

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I work out daily on every cruise. The gym is normally busy but not so much that it appears crowded. I've never had to adjust my workout because I couldn't get to the equipment I wanted to use. I'm normally there in there mornings.

I work out everyday on a cruise. (eliptical) I get there around 6 a.m., and it gets pretty packed by 6:30-7. DH works out around 7:30, and usually has to wait for a treadmill. By 8:30 gym starts clearing out. If you go in the afternoons, gym is usually deserted except for crew and dancers working out. Now, each ship is different, but I have found these times to be pretty constant on all I have been on. Gym is open from 6 a.m. till 10 p.m. on most ships.

I workout on the ship, usually on sea days. I try to use the cruise as a rest from my usual bodybuilding workouts but I always cave in and go to the gym a few times. They are usually not that crowded but on our recent Legend cruise it seemed people really used it's gym. There were always plenty of people in there. I found that unusual for cruise ships but it was nice to see. The hours are pretty generous. You'll have plenty of time to workout.

I work out everyday on a cruise. (eliptical) I get there around 6 a.m., and it gets pretty packed by 6:30-7. DH works out around 7:30, and usually has to wait for a treadmill. By 8:30 gym starts clearing out. If you go in the afternoons, gym is usually deserted except for crew and dancers working out. Now, each ship is different, but I have found these times to be pretty constant on all I have been on. Gym is open from 6 a.m. till 10 p.m. on most ships.

This has been my experience as well. On sea days there may be somewhat of a crowd mid afternoon, but it's the hard core or ship's crew. Depends on the size of the gym whether or not all treads and elips are taken at any given time. But usuallly around 7 AM-8AM it's tough to find a tread.

I kept my gym schedule on our first cruise and intend to on our next one next month (M-F mornings). I pretty much just did cardio and skipped my usual weight routine for the week. I found it so much better to run on the track on the top deck. Nothing like getting out there before sunrise and watching the sun come up over the horizon while running around the track. Couple of days it was raining so I ended up in the gym to use the treadmill. It wasn't anywhere near busy at that time of the morning.

Archived