Drinks packages on sale

cnarf77

As folks consider the pro/con cost factors, here are the detailed specifics from our mid-June 2011 cruise on the Solstice from a menu/pricing card that I borrowed from the Sunset/Oceanview area:

BEERS: At $4.50 each (plus the added 15% service charge), it is Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Light and Miller Lite; at $5.00 (which goes to $5.75 with tip), there is Amstel Light, Beck’s, Corona, Corona Light, Leffe Blonde, Heineken, Heineken Light, O’Doul’s (NA), Red Stripe and Samuel Adams; at $6.00 (which goes to $6.90 with tip), it is Bohemia, Grolsch, Guinness, Stella Artois, Newcastle Brown Ale and Peroni.

RED WINES: At $5.50 each, Cabernet Sauvignon/Pinotage “Basket Pressed” Heron’s Nest, Stellenbosch; at $6.50 each, Tempranillo, Marques de la Concordia, Crianza, Rioja; at $7.50 each Cabernet Sauvignon “Heritage” Wente Estates, Livermore; at $8.00 each, Merlot, Rutherford Ranch, Napa Valley and Shiraz “The Barossa” Peter Lehmann, Barossa Valley; at $8.50 each, Chianti Classico Riserva Tenuta di Nozzole, Tuscany and Pinot Noir, Kendall Jackson, “Vintner’s Reserve”.

WHITE WINES: At $5.50 each, Viognier, Maison Paul Jaboulet Aine, Rhone Valley; at $6.00 each, Riesling “Kabinett” Selbach-Oster, Mosel; at $6.50 each, Sauvignon Blanc, Southern Right, Walker Bay; at $7.50 each, Pino Grigio, Bollini, Trentino; at $8.00 each, Chardonnay, St. Francis, Sonoma; at $8.50 each, Pouilly Fume “La Moynerie” Michel Redde, Loire Valley.

ROSE-BLUSH: At $5.50 each, White Zinfandel, Beringer, North Coast; at $6.50 each, Rose de Provence, Jean-Lux Colombo.

The $8 glass of wine goes to $9.20 with tip added. A $6.50 wine goes to $7.48 with tip.

NON-ALCOHOLIC: At $2.50 each, it is Evian, Pellegrino and Perrier smaller-sized; at $3.00 each, they offer Arizona Premium Iced Tea, Green Tea, Lemon Tea, Peach Tea and Diet Lemon; at $4.00 each, they had Strawberry Banana Soda, Peach Sangria, large Evian and Pellegrino, Sparkling Mint Lemonade and Watermelon Tropic; at $5.00 each, it is Red Bull, regular and sugar-free. They also offer various Coca-Cola soft drinks, but those prices were not listed on this card.

As noted by others, if you have a port-intense cruise, you might find it harder to get your money's worth with some of the packages. As they say on TV ads with the disclaimer "mileage maybe vary", so it does depending on each person's personal needs, travel style and budget.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 57,241 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Great tip - THANKS!!

I just cancelled and re-booked my premium package and saved closed to $90.00.

Caution - it did say that it would take up to 2 billing cycles to get your refund from my original package - not sure what that means from them. So if your cash flow is tight, just keep that in mind.

Cheers!

Bill

Linked from THIS page, and it shows $391.23 for our 7 night Eclipse sailing on 1/28/12 (before the service charge).

That comes to $55.89/day.... (again, BEFORE the service charge). I thought it was previously something like $54/day... ?? !!

Tom

Just figured it out thanks to someone on my roll call.. I had not gone far enough into the booking process for the discount to apply... GOT IT!! :D

Tom

Linked from THIS page, and it shows $391.23 for our 7 night Eclipse sailing on 1/28/12 (before the service charge).

That comes to $55.89/day.... (again, BEFORE the service charge). I thought it was previously something like $54/day... ?? !!

Tom

Just ordered it Tom , total was 55.89 perday. That inc service chg. That really rev's me up.

Just ordered it Tom , total was 55.89 perday. That inc service chg. That really rev's me up.

Just not having to constantly have that thought in the back of my mind that each time I sign it's adding up... that alone is a BIG PLUS!

Tom

Probably a dumb question, but that is what the internet is for, right??

We have a $200 OBC for future cruise. If we order the beverage package, is there any way we can have it come out of that? We pre-paid our tips and usually don't spend a lot on board.

When I go into my online reservation summary, it indicated that I have "0" beverage packages (purchased or pending), even though I have already received an email confirmation. Does it take some time for it to show online?

Tom

Yes...it did for me any way. :)

Even when I follow all the links, when I get to the purchase page on My Reservation, it still shows the old prices when I click on the package that I'd like....how far along in purchasing do you have to go to see the discounted prices?

We are going for 16 nights so even 10% makes a big difference!

Cathy

What happens if you have the classic package and your DH wants a beer or wine that is more expensive than the package allows (not likely to be regular event!) do you pay the additional fee or the whole amount?

I am trying to book with the discount, I am not getting a discount field popping up, but the fee itself seems to be 10% lower, is that correct?

thank you - we are new to all this (taken us 50 years to get around to cruising!)

Quench Your Thirst Savings

Went online to book my drinks package today and they are on sale! If you are thinking about getting one now is a great time to book!

Until January 30, get 10% off almost every beverage package we offer. With a wide variety of choices, you'll find one that suits your needs, quenches your thirst and offers great value.

Book online now, have it ready when you sail

It's convenient and smart to book your beverage package right now. Pay one set price and enjoy all your favorite beverages, including cocktails, premium coffees, wine by the glass, endless sodas—featuring Coca-Cola® products—and unlimited bottled water.

*10% Savings Offer applies to regular price of classic non-alcoholic, premium non-alcoholic, classic, premium, soda and premium bottle water beverage packages on Celebrity cruises departing Jan. 20-Dec. 31, 2012. Beverage packages must be booked Jan. 16-30, 2012.

Thank you very much for your post. We were able to cancel our premium package and rebook it with a saving of almost $80 for an upcoming cruise on Solstice.

Yet again our membership in Cruise Critic really paid off.

Thanks again

Just looking at the UK website and the classic package is being quoted at £28.69/ night, obviously plus 15%. Can anyone advise if this is a discounted rate?

I just booked on the UK web site for the 7 nights Classic package on the Summit for £200.85, when I looked a couple of months ago it was £223.15 so I think its been discounted - but here is the thing, when I checked out the 15% service charge was not added to the bill so not sure if we get that later or if the price for the Brits is all inclusive - its booked now and I am sure it will be great value!!

I am also on this same cruise and I have tried and it states I am too close to sailing date. :(

Hope they adjust on Saturday.

Nancy

Brain fart alert!! I am so sorry, I am leaving for Florida on Saturday - the cruise leaves on MONDAY.

I just booked on the UK web site for the 7 nights Classic package on the Summit for £200.85, when I looked a couple of months ago it was £223.15 so I think its been discounted - but here is the thing, when I checked out the 15% service charge was not added to the bill so not sure if we get that later or if the price for the Brits is all inclusive - its booked now and I am sure it will be great value!!

The price you paid already includes the 15% charge. There will be no further charges to pay.

Note there is a glitch on the website where it adds the 15% charge TWICE, but then takes one off at payment stage. This is a known issue and the final price you pay is the correct price (including the 15% charge).

Archived