Thomson all inclusive package

Hello there,

I'm a new member on this forum, I've been on 8/9 Thomson cruises and have almost always had all inclusive packages, but the past few years i'd say about 3/4 years the package seems to be going down hill and less and less drinks are available on the package. My last cruise which was on the celebration in december 2010 seemed to have less cocktails included, I'm going away on the 20th April on the destiny (Atlantic sunrise) and was wondering if anyone has a rough idea of what was on the bar list before and isn't now (with regards to the drink package).

Thanks

Hello and welcome. There's a thread on Island forum about the AI, Rebel Rouser is the expert. This is because the Island Escape has traditionally done this cruise, until now that is.:)

Jan

A week or so back i watched a review on the destiny on you tube and something I read was in the sky bar they do buy one get one free on Bacardi mojitos during certain hours? I can't ever remember this when I was on there last (it was a few years back granted) would anyone know if they still do that offer?

If they do I can't see myself ever leaving that bar!

BOGOF in the afternoons between 3 & 4 from what I can remember :D

The only Draught on board was San Migual Lager and all the other beers were in Cans.

Happy Hours (Sat ,Wed,Thurs) If your not AI as these keep your bar bill down . You will see them in your

Cruise News thats put under your door each night . It reads ...

" Enjoy 2 drinks for the price of 1 on all cruise choice spirits (ordered with mixers)

San Miguel draught,Boddingtons tins, flavoured vodka and Sangria, Red,white or Rose house wines (by the glass)

In the Clipper Bar on deck 5 and Blakes Bar on deck 7 from 14.30 -15.30 Oklahoma Lounge on deck 5 from 18.00 - 19.00

and the Sky Bar on deck 12 from 10.30 until 00.30" ( Now thats what I call a happy Hour ) :D

I think Thompsons are getting too sneaky with the AI package, I noticed that this year Captain Morgans rum and coke had a £1.15 supplement to the AI, yet Captain Morgan rum is usually the same price as Bacardi which had no supplement. As both me and t'other half drink this I would have been somewhat vexed to find I had to pay extra for our usual tipple if I had paid for the AI package. I can understand a supplement for the more expensive drinks, not the day to day ones.

Exactly my thoughts, fair enough the expensive ones, although I remember( well was told but my grandfather) when we went on the topaz all we paid for was water, and there was NO surcharge for any other drinks. Anyway I have a bar list from the last Thomson ship I was on I'll compare it to this one in april and see if there are any differences, every time I go on one the prices seem to increase and less drinks are included.

Exactly my thoughts, fair enough the expensive ones, although I remember( well was told but my grandfather) when we went on the topaz all we paid for was water, and there was NO surcharge for any other drinks. Anyway I have a bar list from the last Thomson ship I was on I'll compare it to this one in april and see if there are any differences, every time I go on one the prices seem to increase and less drinks are included.

Those were the days we were on the Topaz and had to stop the barman bringing us refills while we were sitting playing cards early evening as as soon as the glass was 1/3 empty he brought over a new one. And this was Baileys and for DH cognac so it was not the unnamed spirits:D

Those were the days we were on the Topaz and had to stop the barman bringing us refills while we were sitting playing cards early evening as as soon as the glass was 1/3 empty he brought over a new one. And this was Baileys and for DH cognac so it was not the unnamed spirits

I don't know how they have the cheek to even call it 'All Inclusive' when it clearly is far from it!! Trades description???????

What a fantastic crew they had on that ship, easily the best I've seen, that is no disrespect to some of the crews I've seen on the current ships. But the service on the topaz from what I remember was brilliant. I think your right when the put all inclusive in the brochure it should be worded "all inclusive package*" then the small print will read " *All inclusive package available on unbranded drinks, that you have never heard of"

Talking about the Topaz, lovely ship, had a great cruise on it, but does anyone remember the Thomson Saphire. by far and away my favourite ship. Great staff,and pleanty to do, for a small ship it was so compact and friendly.We had a cruise around the Med then a week in Can Picafort, Mallorca and we didn`t speak all the way there as we were so upset to leave the ship. Going on the dream in 3 weeks time, trust we will have a good time, but oh those memories of `98.

Archived