Early Saver & Interline Rates

gapearl

I've booked interline for all of my cruises except the last one on the Valor. Interline was only about $30 cheaper than early saver, so I went with ES in hopes of getting a price drop. Well we got none and the price continued to get higher and higher. I just called Carnival to check on another cruise I'm interested in, and there are no interline rates available. Even my upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise didn't have any interline rates and I had to book at the regular going rate. As far as early saver, I haven't seen many people posting about price drops lately, not as many as I've seen in the past.

So.....

To those of you who also book interline, have you found any good deals lately, or have you also been stuck like me?

Any recent early saver success stories with price drops or upgrades?

I don't book Early Saver to get price drops, I book it to get the best available rate. If the price goes down, great if not then I'm still good.

BTW, if it was me I would have booked ES then immediately applied for a reduction to the interline rate.

I don't book Early Saver to get price drops, I book it to get the best available rate. If the price goes down, great if not then I'm still good.

BTW, if it was me I would have booked ES then immediately applied for a reduction to the interline rate.

If you do this are you eligible for any other price drops after that?

If you do this are you eligible for any other price drops after that?

?? Once ES always ES. When you match a price, you are still ES. Otherwise people would price match to a rate that has a refundable deposit if it were as simple as price matching to get out of ES.

?? Once ES always ES. When you match a price, you are still ES. Otherwise people would price match to a rate that has a refundable deposit if it were as simple as price matching to get out of ES.

THANKS Firefly :). I am eligible for interline but was thinking about doing exactly as the above poster stated-- book ES and then have it matched to Interline, but wasn't sure if they would change the rate or just match it. I would be one of those people checking it daily (or more) :D watching for price drops!

Cynt, interline rates are special rates for airline employees.

I asked if I could book ES and switch to interline, and he said no. Past guest is $100 more than early saver. Can you get price drops with it? At least that way I won't have all the restrictions.

What is interline rate?

These people qualify for interline rate with Carnival

Employees of Airlines who are IATA/ARC appointed

• Employees of other Cruise Lines

• Employees of Federal Aviation Admisnistration (FAA)

• Employees of National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA)

• Employees of Worldspan, Sabre, Galileo & Amadeus

• Employees of International Air Transport Association (IATA)

• Employees of Airline Pilot's Association (ALPA) Members

• Employee's spouse are eligible to sail without the employee

• Employee's parents are eligible to sail without the employee

• Retired employees of airlines currently in operation

• Please Note: Employees of charter airlines and non-airline related subsidiary companies of the passenger airlines and Courier and Cargo company employees - are NOT eligible

Notes:

• Eligible immediate family members may only book ONE cabin if the employee is NOT traveling

• Retired emplyees of existing airlines may book ONE cabin. The retired employee must be traveling in the cabin.

• At present time, FRIENDS & FAMILY RATES are available on selected sailings, but they must be booked through one of our agents, please contact us for details 800-298-8688.

• IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATION, PLEASE CALL PRIOR TO BOOKING ONLINE

These are the rates currently available

https://www.goccl.com/content/specials/documents/T1PGI.pdf

Cynt, interline rates are special rates for airline employees.

I asked if I could book ES and switch to interline, and he said no. Past guest is $100 more than early saver. Can you get price drops with it? At least that way I won't have all the restrictions.

They are correct you cant book ES and switch. You want to book ES then apply for the price difference that you qualify for with the interline rate.

• Please Note: Employees of charter airlines and non-airline related subsidiary companies of the passenger airlines and Courier and Cargo company employees - are NOT eligible

Notes:

• Eligible immediate family members may only book ONE cabin if the employee is NOT traveling

• Retired emplyees of existing airlines may book ONE cabin. The retired employee must be traveling in the cabin.

• At present time, FRIENDS & FAMILY RATES are available on selected sailings, but they must be booked through one of our agents, please contact us for details 800-298-8688.

• IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATION, PLEASE CALL PRIOR TO BOOKING ONLINE

https://www.goccl.com/content/specials/documents/T1PGI.pdf

Thanks for the link! I've never seen that. My suspicions are now confirmed that the interline rates aren't that great any more.

Thanks for the link! I've never seen that. My suspicions are now confirmed that the interline rates aren't that great any more.

Welcome. true, they are not as good as they use to be.

I thought that any price drop had to be a publicized rate available to all. If that's the case, the price drop for interline wouldn't qualify. I could be wrong though...just saying.

Interline rates arent on the site, but those that qualify can use those rates with ES. Just like military rates. Lately its a moot point, since ES is almost always lower.

When they say advertised rates, Carnival is talking about TA discounting a price, which can only be accessed by asking for a quote, Carnival wont match that with ES.

Edited by OctoberDestiny

We booked early saver last year on the Liberty. We made our deposit. Before our final payment was due, the price dropped. I called carnival direct, they matched the drop.

They would have done that even if you didnt book Early Saver. The bonus with ES, is they will price match after final payment. All other fares can be price matched prior to final payment.

We got the best rate of our lives on an early saver, last September. The 8 night cruise to Bermuda was booked for $539PP in March 2011. After the booking, the price dropped to $499, $459, $449, $399, $349, and finally two days before the cruise it went down to $299PP! Each time it dropped, I sent Carnival the required form, and they ok'd it. The last three price drops happened the week before the cruise, and we ended up with a $320 on board credit, with the rest of it taken off our balance.

We are booking another cruise this fall, with an Early Saver, but can't expect it to drop that low.

Edited by thundrr

My suspicions are now confirmed that the interline rates aren't that great any more.

I've actually scored pretty substantial savings on our last two Carnival cruises thanks to the interline rate.

For our 2010 cruise on the Fascination, interline rates actually continued going down after final payment, so since we couldn't get a refund, we just upgraded from a 6A to a 6D.

On our 2011 cruise on the Dream, we booked a balcony cabin for about $150pp LESS than any other rate available using the interline rate. For this cruise though, rates did nothing but go up so we stuck to the same category we booked.

Edited by Tapi

Originally Posted by OctoberDestiny

Notes:

https://www.goccl.com/content/specia...ents/T1PGI.pdf

Add Amtrak to that list, unless something has changed recently (in which case I would be :( )

Edited by jen&samcantwait

I always go with the Interline rates. We normally pay for our cruise a month in advance. This is when the cruise lines are trying to sell those empty cabins.

I always get Carnival Inside cabins for $399.00 for a 7-day, we just pay the whole balance at that time and we monitor the prices after that. Sometimes the oceanview or balcony really drop and we upgrade for not much more.

Also, you're going to love the Navigator for your Med. cruise. That itinerary was the trip of a lifetime for me. Went with 5 other coworkers. We ended up paying $499.00 for our Navigator cruise. We couldn't believe it.

Have fun and enjoy.

We got the best rate of our lives on an early saver, last September. The 8 night cruise to Bermuda was booked for $539PP in March 2011. After the booking, the price dropped to $499, $459, $449, $399, $349, and finally two days before the cruise it went down to $299PP! Each time it dropped, I sent Carnival the required form, and they ok'd it. The last three price drops happened the week before the cruise, and we ended up with a $320 on board credit, with the rest of it taken off our balance.

We are booking another cruise this fall, with an Early Saver, but can't expect it to drop that low.

I wish I could get that lucky! You scored big time.

I've actually scored pretty substantial savings on our last two Carnival cruises thanks to the interline rate.

For our 2010 cruise on the Fascination, interline rates actually continued going down after final payment, so since we couldn't get a refund, we just upgraded from a 6A to a 6D.

On our 2011 cruise on the Dream, we booked a balcony cabin for about $150pp LESS than any other rate available using the interline rate. For this cruise though, rates did nothing but go up so we stuck to the same category we booked.

That's pretty awesome too. I had gotten used to having substantial savings like that when booking interline but no such luck lately.

I always go with the Interline rates. We normally pay for our cruise a month in advance. This is when the cruise lines are trying to sell those empty cabins.

I always get Carnival Inside cabins for $399.00 for a 7-day, we just pay the whole balance at that time and we monitor the prices after that. Sometimes the oceanview or balcony really drop and we upgrade for not much more.

Also, you're going to love the Navigator for your Med. cruise. That itinerary was the trip of a lifetime for me. Went with 5 other coworkers. We ended up paying $499.00 for our Navigator cruise. We couldn't believe it.

Have fun and enjoy.

I used to book my cruises 2-4 weeks out and got some good interline rates that way. My last few cruises have been more expensive ones and so I've booked way in advance to have plenty of time to pay it off. I can't wait for the Navigator cruise. It would have been $50 cheaper if I had booked it 4 days earlier. I'm hoping for some price drops. At least with ES on Carnival, you can get OBC after final payment. You can't get anything with RC after final payment. I'm really excited for this one!

FYI

Interline rates are not combinable with the early saver promotion. One of the few that are not.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

• 1 year later...

[if I book interline rates

Do I still get those nights credit for frown and anchor status?

ditQUOTE=big_duck;32004020]I don't book Early Saver to get price drops, I book it to get the best available rate. If the price goes down, great if not then I'm still good.

[if I book interline rates

Do I still get those nights credit for frown and anchor status?

ditQUOTE=big_duck;32004020]I don't book Early Saver to get price drops, I book it to get the best available rate. If the price goes down, great if not then I'm still good.

Isn't Crown & Anchor from Royal Caribbean?

You asked if anyone has gotten price drops recently. We booked 2 cabins, 5 people, on the Valor on the Southern Carribean out of San Juan, Early Saver.

We got $120 price drop before final payment (straight off the price) and now have $780 in OBC between the two cabins. Right now the price is higher than our lsat rate on the 3 person cabin and the 2 person cabin rate is not available.

So we got $900 off, in total!

I am still watching for drops, but I don't really expect any, would take more though!

• 1 month later...

We booked Early Saver and I just called Carnival to check the Interline rate. It was $150 less per person than our current rate, and even less than the military rate! I asked for that rate and got it. $300 savings! And I asked about still getting price drops and was told, "once early saver, always early saver."