Opinions? 11 Day NCL Sun Cruise for 1st Timer

gooselover

We have booked our first cruise with NCL Sun for December and are really excited to try the line out. We have been on three cruises before with Carnival and RCCL.

My question is, in your opinion, should we upgrade to a mini-suite for this 11 day voyage or stay in our mid-ship balcony. The price is about $550 more for the mini suite.

So, for those of you that have done this long of a cruise, should we or shouldn't we????????????????? Can't wait to hear of your thoughts/experience.

I'll go to youtube. Thanks....I did find out that 1002 & 1202 are coveted cabins, so I called my PCC, and of course, they are booked. They looked to be the same size as a mini-suite, but a BC category I think he said. I did a search on CC here to find out peoples' opinions and they were mostly great ones, but there was some concern about the wind up front!

We have booked our first cruise with NCL Sun for December and are really excited to try the line out. We have been on three cruises before with Carnival and RCCL.

My question is, in your opinion, should we upgrade to a mini-suite for this 11 day voyage or stay in our mid-ship balcony. The price is about $550 more for the mini suite.

So, for those of you that have done this long of a cruise, should we or shouldn't we????????????????? Can't wait to hear of your thoughts/experience.

I'd prefer an AFT balcony to a mini-suite.

For two people in the cabin, a regular balcony has enough room. Add a kid or two and I'd look to the mini-suite.

Just went to youtube.com and viewed the mini-suite and the regular balcony. I think we will stick with the regular balcony for now to save the money. We have had aft balconies before and loved them, but on NCL, these are more expensive also - in fact, more expensive than a mini-suite!

I have done several longer cruises on NCL and they are FABULOUS! So much to do...crew is amazing!!

I have an 11 day booked on the Sun but not until 2013.

The mini suite is nice. It is a bit roomier than the regular balcony and does have the bathtub. Do I think it's worth the extra $550??

No.

The bathtub and a couple extra square feet are not worth it to me.

I'd use the extra monye to eat at the surcharge restaurants instead. On an 11 day cruise, the variety is a great option to have.

I hope you enjoy your NCL cruise as much as I do all of mine!! :)

WE are going on our first NCL cruise in November w/ 3 other couples....we all booked balcony cabins....seemed more reasonable & I agree the money saved will be spent in specialty restaurants/excursions,etc. Really looking forward to the sun....don't know if you have booked yet but I went here to see the best cabins/decks on the sun:

cruise advice. org

then click on cruise ships....you can check out ALL ships....

when you select a ship....simply scroll down & click on BEST CABINS

We were 3 ladies in a regular balcony 8060 cabin for 14 days. It was fine and the shower had a curtain with 'boning' in it so it won't attack you when showering.

Just an aside since you are there for 11 days make use of the spa's shower and steam rooms. There is no charge for this and if your own shower is occupied by the 'other' you can always use the spa's, separate facilities for men and women.

Have a great time!

I think you'll be happy no matter what cabin you have. We did 33 days on the Sun in 2010 before her drydock and we were in a cabin with a porthole window. We were happy since it fit our budget, was practically midship, and had two wonderful cabin stewards that made our b2b2b cruises even more delightful.

You do get a bit more space, but in my opinion, it is not worth the bucks.

I do like the aft-balcony as a choice. It is a little more than a midship balcony, but not much.

Archived