Code Words - Tango India

shark Fan

I don't think that Tango India refers to injured people. I believe it has to do with a fire on board, or electrical problems perhaps? I have heard the call for injured people and it was not Tango India, although at the moment I forget what it was. Bright star? Or is that if someone has died?

Lets see if I remember..

India:..I am directing my course to port( international speak)Come along side( Navy speak)Round the ends , starting rule ( Sailing regatta)

Tango: Do not pass ahead of me ( Navy speak) Keep clear engaged in trawling( international speak)..

Not bad for a retired Army medic who has only been on one destroyer in her career eh;).. heck I don't know if that helped at all..(((:D))))

Lets see if I remember..

India:..I am directing my course to port( international speak)Come along side( Navy speak)Round the ends , starting rule ( Sailing regatta)

Tango: Do not pass ahead of me ( Navy speak) Keep clear engaged in trawling( international speak)..

Not bad for a retired Army medic who has only been on one destroyer in her career eh;).. heck I don't know if that helped at all..(((:D))))

That was pretty close to what I read. So I'll say you done good pulling that up from your retired memory!

I saw the news report also.... the staff member that was being interviewed stated that he heard the announcement "tango India" and that it meant injured person.

Proving that Costa and Carnival are not the same thing and don't speak the same language. And I don't mean Italian and American-

Che cazzo

Betcha the Captain said "Che cazzo" a couple hundred times (as he snuck away), along with the 1000 Italians on-board, and everyone on the island of Giglio. It's probably a newspaper headline in Rome right now.

Italy has an astounding historical record as a seafaring nation. What a shame when a single cowboy "cazzos" it up:rolleyes:.

In time, this event will be forgotten as new tragedies occur. Unfortunately, the human loss will be felt by families of the victims for the rest of their lives.:( RIP

Archived