Recent Splendor cruisers - arrival time back into Long Beach?

NCMtnBoys

The official itinerary states arrival back into Long Beach at 9:00am. I just read a review which stated they arrived back into Long Beach at 5:30am and were allowed off the ship beginning at 7:00am! Huge difference! And makes a difference as far as trying to arrange transport to LAX for flights.

So the question: what time did YOU arrive back into Long Beach? There are five of us traveling and we have reserved a private transfer in order to try and get to LAX as quickly as possible for a 12:10pm flight. Thinking I may have to (or can) re-arrange our transport if many cruisers arrived back well before the 9:00am advertised time.

Thanks.

I was the cruise before the review you read and due to fog, we didn't start disembarkation until after 9 for the self assist people. Weather can play a big role. Carnival doesn't control when the harbormaster closes the port due to fog. You'd be amazed at how much of the year our LA area weather report is "Night and morning low clouds and fog, burning off to hazy sunshine in the afternoon."

Enjoy

Ron

• 8 months later...

Dear all recent travelers,

Urgent! Urgent! Please respond!

When is the earliest you can get off the Splendor at LGB? We accidentally pre-booked our return flight at 10:10AM. Would we have enough time to get to the airport? Or would I need to rebook our flight?

Thank you

When is the earliest you can get off the Splendor at LGB? We accidentally pre-booked our return flight at 10:10AM. Would we have enough time to get to the airport? Or would I need to rebook our flight?

Thank you

Maybe yes, Maybe no. If all smoothly you will be okay. If there is a snag (customs, weather) you are out of luck. I have gotten off the ship in LA anywhere between 7 and 10 AM. Sorry I could not be of more help.

All it takes is one passenger not responding to customs on time to delay everything.

Once we heard 3 names being called on the intercom for more than an hour. Debarkation didn't start for the rest of us until after 10 am. There were some mighty pissed off passengers.

Thank you

You do not say which airport. Long Beach or LAX???? BIG difference.

Dear Susie: hi the airport is LGB

Dear All: thanks for the great info! after searching and planning last night. we decided to buy a later flight ticket @ 1:45PM with a refundable policy. just in case the weather is bad & don't want to buy high ticket price at counter ( if delay)

last time, with Allure, we hand carry our luggage & out by 7am at FLL and got to airport at 7:30

this cruise is hand carry also and only packed half full.

Thanks again for all the quick Response!

Vince

• 7 months later...

Hi All,

just want to update. we got off the ship & customs at 7:30am and got to airport at 7:45am.

as you go down the esclator, you can only carry 1 luggage in your hand, so if you got 2 luggages, you need to wait for the elevator to go down. (long line up)

since we were able to catch the 10:10am flight we cancelled our later bookings with jet blue with no extra charge.

tks, Vince

Hi All,

just want to update. we got off the ship & customs at 7:30am and got to airport at 7:45am.

as you go down the esclator, you can only carry 1 luggage in your hand, so if you got 2 luggages, you need to wait for the elevator to go down. (long line up)

since we were able to catch the 10:10am flight we cancelled our later bookings with jet blue with no extra charge.

tks, Vince

Is this in New York or Long Beach. Long Beach is now irrelevant vis-a-vis the Splendor.

Archived