Excursions, when, why and how?

lucywestie

So I have my first Princess cruise coming up in September. I was perusing their website and found a couple of excursions that we would really like and are actually reasonably priced compared to similar private excursions.

Now am I right in thinking that I can't book/reserve them more than 120 days out from the cruise. Our cruise leaves Sept 22nd 2012.

Also, do you pay for them right away when you book on line or do you pay when on board, or is there the option to do both?

Finally, once onboard and you have tickets for your excursion. Are you given priority disembarkation so that you can get to your excursion on time [thats if it leaves close to when the ship docks?]

Many thanks

Pete

You can book them as soon as they are available to book on the Princess Website (through your Personalizer). If you booked your cruise through a TA, I don't know if also need to book your tours through them.

Your tours will be charged to your On-Board Account when on-board (you do not have to pre-pay). And you may cancel with no penalty up to the cancellation time specified for each tour.

So I have my first Princess cruise coming up in September. I was perusing their website and found a couple of excursions that we would really like and are actually reasonably priced compared to similar private excursions.

Now am I right in thinking that I can't book/reserve them more than 120 days out from the cruise. Our cruise leaves Sept 22nd 2012.

You can book them only when they appear in your personalizer. Sometimes 120 days in advance; other times 60 days or less.

Also, do you pay for them right away when you book on line or do you pay when on board, or is there the option to do both?

They are charged to your shipboard account. You do not pay in advance.

Finally, once onboard and you have tickets for your excursion. Are you given priority disembarkation so that you can get to your excursion on time [thats if it leaves close to when the ship docks?]

Many thanks

Pete

Disembarkation will be with the tour you are booked with and you will get a specific time and meeting place. All info regarding tours will be in the Patter you received the preceding night.

We are on the Crown Princess at the moment and have done 3 private tours and they have all been excellent and a lot cheaper. We did one ships excursion to a beach resort in Grand Cayman and this was charged to our onboard account and the tickets were waiting for us when we entered the cabin the first day.

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, but I'm doing this quickly as you know how slow and expensive it can be on the ships.

We are on the Crown Princess at the moment and have done 3 private tours and they have all been excellent and a lot cheaper. We did one ships excursion to a beach resort in Grand Cayman and this was charged to our onboard account and the tickets were waiting for us when we entered the cabin the first day.

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, but I'm doing this quickly as you know how slow and expensive it can be on the ships.

im on the crown in march...would love to hear about your trip.....thanks

im on the crown in march...would love to hear about your trip.....thanks

The best private tour we did was Victor Boddens in Roatan, we had a lovely lady called Laura show us around the island. We did Gerrys in Cozumel and a lady called Solimare of Island Tours in Curacao, they all were very good, but Victor Boddens was the best. if you need anymore details I will post when I get home on Sunday and I think I will have a few Princess Patters to scan on.

Thanks for the replies. I went into my personaliser today and there are actually all the excursions for the Alaska portion of our Sept/Oct cruise plus Victoria and Naniamo excursions for the second part, so almost 9 months in advance.

Hopefully the San Francisco ones will be on there at some point soon

Many thanks for the help

Pete

Thanks for the replies. I went into my personaliser today and there are actually all the excursions for the Alaska portion of our Sept/Oct cruise plus Victoria and Naniamo excursions for the second part, so almost 9 months in advance.

Hopefully the San Francisco ones will be on there at some point soon

Many thanks for the help

Pete

Shore excursions can book up early. Princess also raises the prices of their shore excursions as it gets closer to sailing date. If there is something you really want to do, I advise booking it early. You can always cancel and get a full refund up until about 24-48 hours before your tour. Look for the information in your Patter after you board regarding the exact time you can cancel and still get a full refund on your tour.

Also, the Princess shore excursions do get priority in disembarking the ship if it is a tender port where disembarkation goes more slowly.

The best private tour we did was Victor Boddens in Roatan, we had a lovely lady called Laura show us around the island. We did Gerrys in Cozumel and a lady called Solimare of Island Tours in Curacao, they all were very good, but Victor Boddens was the best. if you need anymore details I will post when I get home on Sunday and I think I will have a few Princess Patters to scan on.
FYI, the OP is sailing in Alaska, not the Caribbean. :) I'm sure your information would be very helpful to someone looking for beaches in the Caribbean.

Lol..thanks, yes I am going to Alaska then the West Coast cruise. Not sure why they have only done the first two ports of the West Coast Cruise excursions but I know they do offer a bunch in San Francisco which is one of the ones I want to do.

Anyway, thanks again for everybodys help

Pete

Archived