What does the "Table Artist" do?

ecn81126

Almost every night in the MDR at dinner last week on the Miracle, we had a gentleman with the tag "Table Artist" stop at our table. He made small talk and would say things like "I will stop back later and show you something amazing". He also visited our table when we ate in the Steakhouse, saying the same thing. Each night he never came back. We speculated that he might be a magician or something, and was going to ask him (since we never saw him actually DO anything) but he didn't show up on the last night. LOL.

We asked around to other guests, as well as our waitstaff, and none of them knew what he was actually supposed to be doing. No one saw him do tricks or anything. Just small talk for a few minutes.

upclose sleight of hand.

On the Imagination the table artist stopped by our Chef's table dinner. He did a trick with my ring and I can't remember the other object. But my ring ended up on it.

I like magic but I am not sure I understand why they are in the MDR??

Are we children that need entertaining during dinner?

I don't even like the interruption when the waiters do their "number"!:confused:

Thats the great thing about it I LOVE being entertained! I am on vacation!!

:D

I don't mind the interruption! We had a magician spend some time at our table during lunch in the MDR last August and had a blast. My hubby's elderly great-aunt was with us, and she was totally oblivious to the fact that this guy was doing a magic trick. He kept messing with her - trying to be so serious about the trick - because she kept asking a thousand questions throughout the trick. What is that deck of cards for? Do you always have a deck of cards? Am I supposed to tell you what my card is? Is this a free drink card? The rest of us were dyyyyinnnggg laughing.

Only at the end of the trick did she stop, pause, and look around in amazement: "Now how did he do THAT?" We were ROFL. Thanks to Carnival for providing this memorable laugh.

We like the table artists and obviously most other cruisers do, too. They don't interrupt meal service however it is easy enough to tell them you aren't interested.

I was joking. I actually have never seen them. I wouldn't stop him if he came by to do a trick.

The only thing I really don't like during dinner are the photographers that do interrupt your meal and won't take 'no' for an answer.

I was joking. I actually have never seen them. I wouldn't stop him if he came by to do a trick.

The only thing I really don't like during dinner are the photographers that do interrupt your meal and won't take 'no' for an answer.

We DO tell the photographers to take a hike. They are not at all entertaining.

I like magic but I am not sure I understand why they are in the MDR??

Are we children that need entertaining during dinner?

I don't even like the interruption when the waiters do their "number"!:confused:

They are there to distract you from the slow service.:eek:

We had one come by 2 nights on the Dream last summer. Very good tricks with cards and the balls.

We had a great time watching the different ones and it gave us something else to talk about with each other.

Maybe they are there to stimulate conversation ;)

Yes, they are annoying. It would be better if they did this around the bar areas. Anyone interrupting our meal is intruding. I have enough of a problem with the annoying photographers at dinner. If I want my picture taken, I will come to you!

Archived