Question about time changes?

umieesa

Hi all,

We will be boarding the Ruby this Sunday and I'm just wondering about the times listed on the itinerary. If it says 7-4 in St. Thomas is that on the island's time zone? and is this the same for St. Martin since I noticed it is also 1 hour ahead of EST. Just wondering what time to follow especially when heading back to the ship from port?

THANKS!!

If there is a time change to the ship's time, there will be a notice in the Patter the night before and your steward will place a card on your pillow when he makes up your cabin for the night. If you're still unsure, the phone has a small digital readout and will have the correct time.

There were no changes to ship's time on this itinerary when I sailed it last year.

It may be due to Daylight Savings time. The Islands do not move to DST. Lucky us, the switch to DST happens DURING our cruise, so we lose the hour when we leave and that will be it.

So basically I just have to make sure my watch is set to the ship's time, so I'm sure to be back on time when returning to the ship.
Yup. :)

Good tip, Pam

You always have good advice.

Thanks. It almost always works. :) Except for the time we were crossing the International Date Line and someone did an "oops" and forgot to re-program the phones. People who were supposed to get early wake-up calls the next day didn't; and the next day, a sea day, they got the wake-up calls. Ugh. It happens but not often. :)

May of 2010, I flew from CA to FLL to pick up a cruise through the Panama canal. So I had three time changes on my flight then constantly through the cruise we had to keep changing the time to keep up with ship's time. By the time we were cruising up the coast to SFO, I was back on PST.

Archived