Ports of call fashion

Butterscotch 76

Forgive me if this seems like a silly question, but what attire would you suggest for ports of call & excursions, in particular water sports? I'm on my first cruise on the Millenium and we're (bf and myself) planning on going parasailing in Key West and swimming with the dolphins at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. We're just wondering if we should wear swim wear under our clothes or if we should pack an extra outfit altogether. The Key West stop is brief (5 hours), so I'm thinking casual is best? Do people walk around in their swimwear in Key West? Not that I have a perfect bikini body...just asking. Thanks!

Forgive me if this seems like a silly question, but what attire would you suggest for ports of call & excursions, in particular water sports? I'm on my first cruise on the Millenium and we're (bf and myself) planning on going parasailing in Key West and swimming with the dolphins at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. We're just wondering if we should wear swim wear under our clothes or if we should pack an extra outfit altogether. The Key West stop is brief (5 hours), so I'm thinking casual is best? Do people walk around in their swimwear in Key West? Not that I have a perfect bikini body...just asking. Thanks!

Shorts and T shirts in all Caribbean islands, I think you would be out of place walking around in swim wear but I definitely wear it under my clothes if I'm doing a beach thing. Once at the beach its a bathing suit...

On excursions where our main destination is the beach, day sailing, or water sports. I always wear my bathing suit and a t-shirt. I'll take an extra t-shirt in case one gets real wet. My DW wears her bathing suit and a cover up. Occasionally when we have other activities planned as well, like shopping in town after the excursion but before returning to the ship, she'll bring along a pair of shorts and a T-shirt to put on over her bathing suit.

On other excursions in the ports you indicated we'd wear t-shirts and shorts.

You won't feel under dressed in any of the outfits I mentioned at the two ports you indicated nor at any other similar Caribbean ports.

we recently spent the day in Key West and other than at the beach, we didn't see anyone walking around in bathing suits...

Were you walking around town or heading to the beach or water sports? Most people don't aren't wearing bathing suits around Key West as there are not a lot of water based port activities there. But Key West is a very casual place, and personally, I wouldn't have any issues wearing a bathing suit there if I was on my way to or from a water based excursion. A T-shirt, or cover up for ladies, along with it is appropriate.

Archived