Teen Activities on the Gem (NY/FL/Bahamas)

OnTheGoMom921

We will be traveling for the first time on the Gem with DD 14. I understand the teens get their own activity guide for the teen club. I can't seem to find any info other than that. I am looking for specifics.

Anyone have a copy to post, or perhaps some experience on the Gem with their young teens?

Our previous cruise (different cruise line) had our DD14 happy and entertained for the entire trip, and I am hoping NCL will have enough structured events for her this time around.

Thank You CC members!! As a newbie cruiser, I find your comments and experience invaluable!

My dd14 (at the time) went to the club the first night (pretty anxious), and the next time I saw her was a couple hours later, when she ran into our cabin with some new friends, on a scavenger hunt. I think her curfew was 1:30 am, she came to dinner with us almost every night, and we passed by her many times during the cruise (she has 4 younger siblings, so she wasn't missed that much). I did bring her breakfast from the buffet some mornings. She still keeps in touch (via facebook) with a lot of kids, 1 1/2 years later.

She LOVED it (we were on the Jewel). She even had a couple of meet-ups here in NJ afterwards.

Thank you mjkacmom. Glad she had a good time! Do you recall if she just "hung out" with the kids she met, or did the cruise line have enough interesting events planned throughout the cruise for the 14 year olds? PS... My DD loved the scavenger hunts on our last cruise as well.

The Gem has a club for the teens, Leopard Lounge, which is beautiful. Although I do not have a list of the events, I recall they had activities such as: bowling, rock climbing, scavenger hunts, volleyball, basketball, teen club diners and dances every nite at their lounge. We hardly saw our teen, which was 15 at the time. He had an amazing time and met many teens he keeps in touch with via facebook.

We will be traveling for the first time on the Gem with DD 14. I understand the teens get their own activity guide for the teen club. I can't seem to find any info other than that. I am looking for specifics.

Anyone have a copy to post, or perhaps some experience on the Gem with their young teens?

Our previous cruise (different cruise line) had our DD14 happy and entertained for the entire trip, and I am hoping NCL will have enough structured events for her this time around.

Thank You CC members!! As a newbie cruiser, I find your comments and experience invaluable!

what sailing will you be on? My DS is 14 &we'll be on the gem's 1/29/12sailing :D

~nessa

The Gem has a club for the teens, Leopard Lounge, which is beautiful. Although I do not have a list of the events, I recall they had activities such as: bowling, rock climbing, scavenger hunts, volleyball, basketball, teen club diners and dances every nite at their lounge. We hardly saw our teen, which was 15 at the time. He had an amazing time and met many teens he keeps in touch with via facebook.

Thanks!

Wow, I just found a different thread that started about 2 weeks ago. it says that NCL is revamping the entire kids program and they are adding many activities for the older kids and separating the 13-17 year olds group into 13-14 and 15-17 groups. they also say that this will begin in Feb. 2012 on the Gem. Sounds like I will have to wait for new feedback in the coming months. Thank you NCL, I think these changes will be fabulous!

Wow, I just found a different thread that started about 2 weeks ago. it says that NCL is revamping the entire kids program and they are adding many activities for the older kids and separating the 13-17 year olds group into 13-14 and 15-17 groups. they also say that this will begin in Feb. 2012 on the Gem. Sounds like I will have to wait for new feedback in the coming months. Thank you NCL, I think these changes will be fabulous!

what is the thread, if you don't mind? our cruise is 1/29/12-2/8/12, so i woinder if they'll implement the changes for our cruise, or just after us...

thank you!

~nessa

Archived