1/8/12 Solstice Cruise ~ Photos

HeatherInFlorida

I finally finished editing my photos from our recent Solstice cruise and wanted to share with anyone interested. There are 2 albums ... one of the entire cruise and one of our encounter with the dolphins in Cozumel.

My two hobbies are writing and photography so this is not a collection of people pictures (although there are a few). What I do instead is try to capture what was the essence of our cruise so it serves as a photographic diary for us and hopefully provides others with a hint of what a week at sea on Celebrity will feel like.

You may wonder why there are no people in many of the ship pictures. I took most of them when everyone went ashore in Grand Cayman. We really weren't alone on the ship although it looks it some of these photos!;)

I hope you enjoy them:)

Cruise: https://picasaweb.google.com/106137413221576546805/2012CelebritySolsticeCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCMqDyJjCxLv9mwE#

Dolphin Encounter: https://picasaweb.google.com/106137413221576546805/2012DolphinEncounterSolsticeCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCNXEqZrA0PHn-AE#

I finally finished editing my photos from our recent Solstice cruise and wanted to share with anyone interested. There are 2 albums ... one of the entire cruise and one of our encounter with the dolphins in Cozumel.

My two hobbies are writing and photography so this is not a collection of people pictures (although there are a few). What I do instead is try to capture what was the essence of our cruise so it serves as a photographic diary for us and hopefully provides others with a hint of what a week at sea on Celebrity will feel like.

You may wonder why there are no people in many of the ship pictures. I took most of them when everyone went ashore in Grand Cayman. We really weren't alone on the ship although it looks it some of these photos!;)

I hope you enjoy them:)

Cruise: https://picasaweb.google.com/106137413221576546805/2012CelebritySolsticeCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCMqDyJjCxLv9mwE#

Dolphin Encounter: https://picasaweb.google.com/106137413221576546805/2012DolphinEncounterSolsticeCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCNXEqZrA0PHn-AE#

I so enjoyed the photos of the Solstice you posted. She looks just as good as her inaugural season and just as fresh as Eclipse did last year.

Thank you, Heather-we sail in 9 days.

Looking at them some more, there were a number of images -- particularly some of the interior shots -- that I would have thought were taken with a DSLR. Great job with a point-and-shoot! :)

Thanks for the pictures. We sail in 4 weeks, it looks like you had the similar cabin location to ours.

Is that correct you were the last cabin on the angle before the bump? We will be on the 9th deck.

Looking at them some more, there were a number of images -- particularly some of the interior shots -- that I would have thought were taken with a DSLR. Great job with a point-and-shoot! :)

High praise!!! Thank you:) I do a lot of cropping and editing.

Thanks for the pictures. We sail in 4 weeks, it looks like you had the similar cabin location to ours.

Is that correct you were the last cabin on the angle before the bump? We will be on the 9th deck.

Yes ... I actually labeled the cabin in one of the photos. So we were 3 decks above 9. It's the one furthest out on the bump before it's no longer an angle if that makes any sense!!! LOL. Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Terrific pix, Heather.

Yes, as every photography hobbiest knows, cropping and editing are the secrets to showing off great photos, no matter what camera is used. Digital makes it so easy . . . take 500 pics, select the best 50 (or maybe 100), crop & edit, and voila -- you have an outstanding remembrance of your vacation that others will also enjoy viewing. I can never understand those who post every photo they've taken -- with no thought or effort at all. Do they just upload directly from the memory card?

Terrific pix, Heather.

Yes, as every photography hobbiest knows, cropping and editing are the secrets to showing off great photos, no matter what camera is used. Digital makes it so easy . . . take 500 pics, select the best 50 (or maybe 100), crop & edit, and voila -- you have an outstanding remembrance of your vacation that others will also enjoy viewing. I can never understand those who post every photo they've taken -- with no thought or effort at all. Do they just upload directly from the memory card?

:D ... judging from some I have seen, I would say that's very likely!!! Also can make you nervous about going to a Connections Party ... you never kow what horrendous shot is going to pop up in someone's photos!

Another fun thing to do with the photos is create on of those books online. Great memories with just a few shots.:)

Great pics. My wife(Mary)and I are eagerly waiting for our first CCL and Solstice cruise. We are on the Feb 19 Western Carb. Cruise. Your pics are so good,we might just save money cancel our cruise and stare at your pics. Of course we will steal your pics and say they are our pics from the Feb. 2012 cruise.

Do you have any tips for two CCl, Solstice newbies? We have never visited any of these ports of call. The pics of the cabin and balcony were nice. What cat. Of stateroom ? 28 days, but who is counting. Thanks to your pics we will just be dreamin for the remaining days, who cares about work? Dave & Mary

Fabulous photos! We sail 3 weeks from Sunday on the Eastern Itinerary (make a note of that, beaver). The Solstice looks as elegant as it did 3 years ago. Since I'm a sucker for sunset pictures, I hope we have a few as beautiful as you did, Heather.

Great pics. My wife(Mary)and I are eagerly waiting for our first CCL and Solstice cruise. We are on the Feb 19 Western Carb. Cruise. Your pics are so good,we might just save money cancel our cruise and stare at your pics. Of course we will steal your pics and say they are our pics from the Feb. 2012 cruise.

Do you have any tips for two CCl, Solstice newbies? We have never visited any of these ports of call. The pics of the cabin and balcony were nice. What cat. Of stateroom ? 28 days, but who is counting. Thanks to your pics we will just be dreamin for the remaining days, who cares about work? Dave & Mary

You're funny:) ... I'm so happy you enjoyed the pics! The cabin is 2105 (Concierge Class Cat 2). We sailed in the same cabin both cruises on Solstice because we loved the location and the balcony.

I did a review which I've submitted to CC, but it's also a thread which I'm sure is on the 2nd page by now. But if you look for it I think you might get a few hints. And if you have any questions, ask away here or email me. If I can help with any questions, I'm happy to.

Great photos...thanks so much for posting! We sail Solstice in two weeks and can't wait to see it in person.

Looks like you did W. Caribbean. What beach clubs did you go to while on your cruise?

Yes, western. You might want to peek at my review because I wrote in some detail about the tours we took both on Cozumel and Roatan. I highly recommend both tours.

I agree, fabulous photos. I have not done this itinerary and it looks intriguing, especially Roatan. Where did you go on your excursion there?

Roatan was the Maya Key excursion, a private island a short ferry from the ship. It's a Celebrity tour and we both thought well worth the price. That's going some because DH is very "tight" when it comes to excursions . He loved it.

_____

Sandy, you will love it. We hadn't done the western itinerary in years and I really booked the cruise for the ship, but we were pleasantly surprised. The port of Costa Maya, however, is ugly ... no other word for it. We didn't get off, but we had planned a private tour which we had to cancel unfortunately because of some bad news from back home. We just weren't in the mood to do much of anything that day.

Archived