upgrade/upsell question

heidik

Any idea when upgrades usually occur? I have been assigned an A4 and am wondering if I should wait a bit to see if I will get an upgrade/upsell offer? Or if I should contact my TA and ask to pay for an upgrade? I have a note out to my TA as I am doing a b2b cruise and have been assigned different staterooms for each leg.....The trip is not until March 19 so I am wondering if Oceania is similar to Holland America in sending offers about this time....

Any idea when upgrades usually occur? I have been assigned an A4 and am wondering if I should wait a bit to see if I will get an upgrade/upsell offer? Or if I should contact my TA and ask to pay for an upgrade? I have a note out to my TA as I am doing a b2b cruise and have been assigned different staterooms for each leg.....The trip is not until March 19 so I am wondering if Oceania is similar to Holland America in sending offers about this time....

Each sailing is different with Oceania, there is no set time for upgrades/upsells I suggest you ask for what you want and not wait..

Jancruz1

Does Oceania contact you by email?

Many people do not realize (or never think to ask), but if you book your cruise through a Travel Agent, then the cruise line is required to do all business with you through that travel agent. Oceania will not contact the passenger directly, if he is booked through an Agent.

If you think that you might be interested in buying into an upsell, you would be well advised to give your agent parameters along the lines of:

"If I'm offered a Penthouse upsell for less then $500 per person, you are authorized to accept it for me".

Because if your Agent is contacted with an offer and cannot give a definite yes, then they make the offer to the next client. Thus the offers come and go very quickly.

When speaking of the upgrade policies of the various lines, this fact might be of some interest. The Statendam and the Marina are of similar size. The Statensam has eight categories of Oceanview staterooms; the Marina has one. Obviously the business plan is different.

Sounds as if we are on the same back to back..Miami to Rome. Our choice was for an A4, however there was no availability of having the same cabin....so we moved up to an A3 (@ $95.00 pp per leg.) Let's see if that changes.

Cheers CANDYAPPLE

I doubt there is a "best" cabin although some will have advantages (or disadvantages). And then there is the midships versus forward or aft location to be considered. We liked the cabins opposite the laundry room because it was so easy to check and see if machines were available, and we never heard any noise inside our cabin -- not even when a party was being held in the hallway. We didn't discover the party until we opened our door.

As to port or starboard, that will probably depend on the itinerary.

Hi we have cabin 7024 deck 7. Well thats handy to know about machines because on The Celebrity you cant do washing which is a pity because we are going with them first and good be caught up on laundry before boarding Riviera.Do you need your own laundry powder? Thanx for reply

Hi we have cabin 7024 deck 7. Well thats handy to know about machines because on The Celebrity you cant do washing which is a pity because we are going with them first and good be caught up on laundry before boarding Riviera.Do you need your own laundry powder? Thanx for reply

All Oceania ship have liquid laundry soap you have to push the button on the machine or wall for it to dispense into the machine on The R-ships

The Marina you had to use the dispenser on the wall fill the cup then pour into the machine

Archived