Which are the nicer ports for outdoor dining?

Northerncheapo

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to decide which ports are outdoor dining worthy and which ports are better left for indoor dining. Can anyone comment on how scenic the following ports are on our upcoming cruise? I do mean from a ship perspective...picture sitting on balcony having breakfast and looking at mobile cargo units or a lovely town?

I thank you all in advance!

1. Monte Carlo, Monaco

2. Valletta, Malta

3. Aghios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece

4. Rhodes, Greece

5. Bodrum, Turkey

6. Santorini, Greece

7. Taormina, Italy

8. Sorrento, Italy

9. Portoferraio, Italy

Thanks again,

A

Veranda? Is that what they're called on the Spirit? I had no idea...thanks, Embtsam. At the risk of looking ignorant even further, what is the difference between a veranda and a balcony? Is it just the vernacular or is it physically different?

Anyway...I digress...as usual...our cabin is on the Port side. And, yes, I'm thinking about dining on our balcony-that-is-actually-called-a-veranda for breakfast but also looking for suggestions for a lovely view while dining at Hot Rocks or LT outside (can you even do that at night?)

Thanks again,all...still new at this Silversea stuff...only going on my second cruise :) CANT WAIT!!

What side one's cabin is on really doesn't play into whether it makes it a good spot for dining out since one never knows which way the ship will be docked. You could be facing a stunning view of mountains and sea or a parking lot. Personally I took the question to mean dining outside at Hot Rocks or at La Terrazza, in which case most of the listed ports would be lovely.

Hi Northerncheapo

You say tomayto, I say tomato .....

Cabin? On Silversea? No, no, one refers to one's suite or stateroom! LOL! :D

Dining outside in the eating venues on a star filled warm Med evening will be absolutely lovely and I'm very envious!:) And of course having breakfast outside will be lovely also. Enjoy your cruise!:)

LOL... ok, let me try again...

I was wondering if anyone could comment on which ports are more attractive than others in regards to dining al fresco.

Our STATEROOM is located on the PORT side (if that matters) and I would like to know if dining on our VERANDA would be better suited for some ports over others? Not just for breakfast but also at night at Hot Rocks.

There! Never let it be said that you don't learn a thing or twelve on CC!

Thanks all!!

LOL... ok, let me try again...

I was wondering if anyone could comment on which ports are more attractive than others in regards to dining al fresco.

Our STATEROOM is located on the PORT side (if that matters) and I would like to know if dining on our VERANDA would be better suited for some ports over others? Not just for breakfast but also at night at Hot Rocks.

There! Never let it be said that you don't learn a thing or twelve on CC!

Thanks all!!

You made me crack up this morning! LOL!

Felt a bit bad for teasing you ;):D so I had a quick scout around and found this website which may be helpful - http://www.shipparade.com - imagine it would depend on whether your ship docks or anchors at bay in these ports and I think this website gives you some indications.

Thanks, Fairbourne, that was actually a pretty informative link and did show a few of the ports I was asking about...very nice of you to go to that trouble :)

As for teasing me...I have an 18 and 19 year old AND I teach primary...you're gonna have to try harder than that to 'get' me! LOL

Happy sailing.

A

Archived