What is your favorite song to listen to when you're on a cruise?

westcruzer

• 4 weeks later...
I wanted to see what everyone listens to when they are cruising.

Please list a specific song(s) so others can check out that specific song. If you just say "anything by xxxxx" it's losing the purpose here to share great cruising songs.

Kenny Chesney - Old Blue Chair

Zack Brown Band - Toes

UB40 - Red Red Wine

Kenny Chesney/Uncle Kracker - When The Sun Goes Down

Enya----Only Time

Aerosmith----Don't want to miss a thing

Mimgan

This is not necc. a must have for my cruise play-lisst, but I tend to listen to music on the 80's channel on cable alot when I am cleaning, playing on internet, etc. and EVERYTIME I hear this song, I get excited to go on a cruise, if I do not have one booked, I start cruising Carnival's website hoping to get one booked...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QNvbdhY9tc

(I hope it is what it says it is... I do not have speakers on my computer at work, and I did not bring my head phones today, so I can not verify....)

I wanted to see what everyone listens to when they are cruising.

Please list a specific song(s) so others can check out that specific song. If you just say "anything by xxxxx" it's losing the purpose here to share great cruising songs.

Kenny Chesney - Old Blue Chair

Zack Brown Band - Toes

UB40 - Red Red Wine

Kenny Chesney/Uncle Kracker - When The Sun Goes Down

"Cruisin'" - the one that is sung as a duet by Huey Lewis and Gweneth Paltrow. It is heavenly and I listen to it so many times before and during our cruise.

This question makes me laugh because on Disney they play only Disney songs. One of the songs is "Tiki Room" which is the theme song in one of their animatronic shows.

Every time we're on a cruise, we have to sing it - including Paradise last week. But when we got in our room, the Carnival channel had a Maroon 5 concert on and that seemed to be the theme to this trip.

• 1 month later...

Just updating my list for our cruise next week! I tried to add songs not already posted; but it's a long list - I may have duplicated a few. ;)

Tequila - The Champs

Sway - The Blue Hawaiians

Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson

Miami Vice Theme - Jan Hammer

Fins, Volcano, Sunny Afternoon, Manana, Lone Palm, Delaney Talks to Statues (about life in a beach town), Scarlet Begonias (reminds me of Key West) - Jimmy Buffett

Smooth Operator, The Sweetest Taboo, Paradise - Sade (not sure if the poster immeditately above me meant Sade's song or the new one by Cold Play :))

Smooth - Santana

Day-O (The Banana Boat Song) - Harry Belafonte

Island Girl - Elton John

Undun - The Guess Who

You and I Both - Jason Mraz

La Isla Bonita - Madonna

Conga, The Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya, Get On Your Feet - Gloria Estefan

You Can't Lose Me - Faith Hill - on my list because I love it and the video is at the beach

Foolish Beat - Debbie Gibson - we were on a trip to the Key's when this song came out

Just about anything by Jimmy Buffett, Zac Brown, Bob Marley or Kenny Chesney, but if I have to pick favorites...

Boat Drinks - Jimmy Buffet

Volcano - Jimmy Buffett

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem - Kenny Chesney

Jammin' - Bob Marley

Conquest of Paradise by Vangalis from the movie 1492. They played it on the Celebrity Galaxly during our cruise in 1998. Since then we have it on our I-Pods and listen to it whenever we leave port.

Archived