Question about oceanview rooms.

Rainbowfalls

No the windows do not open and they are 220 sq ft~

The oceanview rooms on the Sensation are only 185 square foot...they are the same size room as an inside room.

I prefer the inside room for the price since I like the darkness...makes it nicer to sleep in or take a nap.

Ocean View cabins on Fantasy Class ships are 185 sq ft...

:)

Here's a description of a typcial OV on the Sensation:

Cabin M44 6B 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; safe; 3-closets; shower; chair

Thanks everyone!

Now I am kinda torn lol, I want to have the sounds of the ocean :( So now I guess I can either make the choice to have a balcony (which I wanted to begin with) or save money by getting the view room and just going on deck until I am ready to sleep and just use the oceanview room as just a room to sleep and shower.

Thanks everyone!

Now I am kinda torn lol, I want to have the sounds of the ocean :( So now I guess I can either make the choice to have a balcony (which I wanted to begin with) or save money by getting the view room and just going on deck until I am ready to sleep and just use the oceanview room as just a room to sleep and shower.

Even with a balcony I have yet to hear the ocean when I am in my cabin.

Also something to consider-- when you leave the door opened=condensation will build up in the cabin making everything feel wet.

You are not missing out on anything.

Also something to consider-- when you leave the door opened=condensation will build up in the cabin making everything feel wet.

I didn't even think about that. lol, thank you for letting me know :). I really would rather save money and use it towards other things but the balcony sounded so neat but I didn't know if the extra 400 dollars was worth having it.

Is this your first cruise? For our first cruise we went with an interior cabin, granted it was also a financial decision. Worked well for us since we only really used it to sleep/shower/change clothes/rare nap. We spent very little time in there because we wanted to absorb as much of the cruise as possible. This worked really well for us and did not detract from the cruise.

Also I hear that once you get spoiled with a balcony, you can't go back:p

Thanks everyone!

The Sensation, and all other Fantasy Class ships, have a great little spot to hang out, read a book, or just veg and watch the sea slip by. Aft on the Lido Deck... I call 'em 'wings.'

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

These areas are one deck above and flank the Serenity Adults Only area... wonderful...

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

The wings are my favorite spots on the Fantasy Class ships...

Is this your first cruise? For our first cruise we went with an interior cabin, granted it was also a financial decision. Worked well for us since we only really used it to sleep/shower/change clothes/rare nap. We spent very little time in there because we wanted to absorb as much of the cruise as possible. This worked really well for us and did not detract from the cruise.

Also I hear that once you get spoiled with a balcony, you can't go back:p

yes it will be my first cruise and I have heard the same about the balcony lol.

And really I have the same feelings that I really didn't know if it was going to be worth spending that much more on something i may not be in all the time to begin with lol.

Hmmm.... the time I was on the Caribbean Princess we had a balcony and while in the room we left the door open and we heard the waves caused by the ship. Also never had a problem with anything feeling wet or even damp. The biggest thing I'd make sure your door or slider is CLOSED when you open your cabin door or when u leave your room or be prepared for a MAJOR gust of wind.

From what I've seen, most Carnival (if not all) have doors on the balcony cabins so you will need bungi cords to hold it open.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Hmmm.... the time I was on the Caribbean Princess we had a balcony and while in the room we left the door open and we heard the waves caused by the ship. Also never had a problem with anything feeling wet or even damp. The biggest thing I'd make sure your door or slider is CLOSED when you open your cabin door or when u leave your room or be prepared for a MAJOR gust of wind.

I've had balconys too, and never noticed a dampness more so than any other cabin .. you are on the ocean, so of course the humidity is high, in all cabins. Good to take out wrinkles to me :D

I think Serene was just trying to make OP feel better.

I was trying to make her feel better---(LOL) its the first cruise.

On the Sensation- (which is NOT a 7 day cruise)

and you really can not compare the Sensation to the Caribbean Princess.

Yes, carnival balcony doors are the kind that open

lol thank you all for making me feel better :)

I love the pictures!!! so pretty <3 I cant wait either way I choose I know it'll be fun and If i have to I can always just nap on the deck, right :p?

If you are the type who can fall asleep on a lounge chair .. yep you can. I can't sleep on my back, so doesnt work for me. I enjoy the pool deck and seeing all the action anyway.

lol thank you all for making me feel better :)

I love the pictures!!! so pretty <3 I cant wait either way I choose I know it'll be fun and If i have to I can always just nap on the deck, right :p?

Yep... the Serenity Area (where the yellow umbrellas are...) is just great for that! There's also two big ol' hot tubs back there just made for relaxing!!!

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

EEE! They are calling my name ^___^ It's so hard to find information about this ship lol. I have tried searching for pictures the most i can find is 26. :( I cant wait for December to get here >_<

Google to the rescue!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=carnival+sensation&hl=en&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=6mAbT8LrE8WrsQKrl8ngCw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CCcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=653

I am in the process of finally booking my rooms but I wanted to know if the oceanview windows open on the Sensation, and are the oceanview rooms roomy or very small?

My first 2 cruises (Carnival Triumph, Carnival Freedom) were both Balconys. The first cruise we spent quite a bit of time on the balcony, 2nd time we went on the balcony once (position made some of the difference, Triumph was on the right side mid-ship, Freedom completely aft). This cruise we decided to try OV. I hope that I made the right decision, I'll find out in 31 days:D

We decided to do OV because we hardly spent any time at all in the cabin on our second trip. I guess it all boils down to how much time you plan to be in your cabin. For us, the extra cost wasn't worth it, and there's much more "action" on the Lido deck anyways!

Good luck with your decision!

Archived