I love Carnival

Bobbicat

Yes of course not everything is perfect and yes accidents happen. I still love Carnival and will continue to cruise with them, It's so much better than being at work.

Who is with me?

It will be my first cruise in April, so my opinion is still out to lunch. Reguardless of what Matj2000 says, I have high expectations of having a great vacation. Ofcourse, I also believe half of that expectation lays with my ability to roll with the punches and make any vacation a great one.

:p

I do believe some people "troll" cruise line sites they don't like so they post negative crap :eek:!!!

I have spent over 50 nights on different Carnival ships so you can hardly label me as a "troll'. I have plenty of Carnival experience.

My point of view is different than most people on this site because I refuse to be a cruise gitty Carnival cheerleader.

Like others, I am not really happy with the direction that Carnival has taken in recent years and like to speak out about it.

Like others, I am not really happy with the direction that Carnival has taken in recent years and like to speak out about it.

Yeah, we get that. But, your constant bashing of those of us that do still like the product and are happy with the services they provide is annoying and totally uncalled for :mad:

I have spent over 50 nights on different Carnival ships so you can hardly label me as a "troll'. I have plenty of Carnival experience.

My point of view is different than most people on this site because I refuse to be a cruise gitty Carnival cheerleader.

You meant "giddy", right? I'm not one of those, but I do understand your disappointments, having read of the way it used to be from many experienced cruisers. "Zero expectations" is a bit over the top, though, and while many new cruisers might take offense, I do not - I'm too busy having a great time to worry about that which disappoints you. I don't discount your complaints, rather, I do take stock in recognizing the good value that a Carnival cruise vacation still represents today. Less bang for the buck as compared to years ago, perhaps, but there's no going back.

I used to live in Spring many years ago, and loved the Spring Cafe. Nowadays, it's lost its magic for me, though I assume it's full of happy diners who never knew its historic charm.

Yes of course not everything is perfect and yes accidents happen. I still love Carnival and will continue to cruise with them, It's so much better than being at work.

Who is with me?

We love Carnival and this year we are going to cruise 3 times (we live in Miami) saving money for the BREEZE!:)

I was a former airline employee and I think cruising is a lot safer than flying.

Because when a plane goes down how many people survive?

This may not be the best analogy, but I tend to think of those loyal to a particular cruise line similar to those that are loyal to a particular brand of automobile. There are those that will only own and drive a particular brand of car. Similarly, there are those that will only sail on a specific cruise line. Since we have cruised on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean, I can't say that I favor one over the other. They both have their good points and bad points. But I'm not one to dwell on the negatives. When choosing a cruise, we look at things such as price, itinerary, and on board activities. I like to read what others have to say about their cruise experiences on different ships, but unless there are overwhelming negative reviews about a specific ship, I try to remain open-minded when making a choice.

So do you still cruise with them or have you gone on to greener pastures?

Count our family of four as well !!! Like any Vacation whether land or sea , nothing is going to be "perfect" ,its what you make of it that really counts! I feel fortuate to be able to afford to take my family on a vacation no matter what it is. And if its a cruise , WOOOHOOO Even Better!

I will pass.

Carnival sold out to 1st timers and people with zero expectations..

Absolutely correct! All is fine until you have to deal with their customer no service. Their business model works fine until the run out of first timers and spring breakers.

We love Carnival and this year we are going to cruise 3 times (we live in Miami) saving money for the BREEZE!:)

I was a former airline employee and I think cruising is a lot safer than flying.

Because when a plane goes down how many people survive?

Here's my guess--only the survivors?

I think this recent tragedy would have been a lot worse if people did not use their basic instinct to survive. Compared to crew compassion, those that made it through this ordeal demonstrated a strong will to live another day. There are more stories of passengers taking charge than any crew members from what I have read/heard.

Well said...remember, this is a site called cruise critic and no cruise fanboy. Informed consumers need to know the bad with the good...helps avoid those same situations and receive the most value for your hard earned $$$$.

Who is with me?

While I understand what you are saying, is this really a good time for pom poms??? :confused:

Who is with me?

Love them so much, I just booked a cruise on the Magic today!

I love Carnival. I have travelled all over Europe by plane staying in Hotels.

I have used other cruise lines and have seen things mishandled in different ways but different companies. I think that things can and will happen in

all aspects of travel. If you can't cope with the fact that s--t happens then stay home. If you are one of the people who hates Carnival then stay off this part of Cruise Critic. We just enjoy our vacations and our time together as a family.

My next cruise on the Carnival Miracle will be my 21st on carnival. I don't have any others booked. I might joke around about carnival but my family has always had a very good time and always felt safe. After this next cruise on the Miracle its time for us to give RCI a try. I really want to see one of their huge ships.

I will pass.

Carnival sold out to 1st timers and people with zero expectations..

which is exactly the cruiser that will be most affected by images of a capsized ship and the tainted main stream media.

imo, they have shot themselves in the foot on this one. not only have they slowly been abandoning their return customer, they can't even launch a frequent cruiser program other than having failed announcements of such.

Archived