Recent Coki Beach Reviews

Lidolounger

Over the past 18 or 20 months Coki has undergone quite a transformation after the unfortunate shooting death. The restroom, change rooms and vendor areas are completed and the beach seems much cleaner. All of the makeshift cheap beer stands are gone though:(.

• 3 weeks later...
We have been to Coki many times, but last year it was a mess. To be fair, they were building new bathroooms etc, but the entire area was full of concrete, rebar etc. Trying to decide ft we go back to Coki hoping the construction has been completed - or do we try somewhere different like Emerald Beach?

Coki had bathrooms and great swimming, but not much else to offer. We paid what we expected to pay to rent chairs and an umbrella, but we didn't expect them to look like they came from the city dump. The empty drug baggies on the beach beside our chairs weren't very appealing either. I would have definitely taken some food with me if I had known how overpriced the food is there.

We will not be going back to Coki on future visits, but will probably opt for a cleaner beach on the island.

Coki had bathrooms and great swimming, but not much else to offer. We paid what we expected to pay to rent chairs and an umbrella, but we didn't expect them to look like they came from the city dump. The empty drug baggies on the beach beside our chairs weren't very appealing either. I would have definitely taken some food with me if I had known how overpriced the food is there.

We will not be going back to Coki on future visits, but will probably opt for a cleaner beach on the island.

Coki is a gorgeous and clean beach, unfortunately it is popular with cruisers and some of them have no respect for the environment and don't pick up after themselves. On non-cruise ship days it is beautiful.

Try Sapphire next visit for a less crowded experience and fewer vendors. And you may want to grab a sub on the way as food or drink venues on any beach on any island will not be as cheap as you would like.

Coki is a gorgeous and clean beach, unfortunately it is popular with cruisers and some of them have no respect for the environment and don't pick up after themselves. On non-cruise ship days it is beautiful.

Try Sapphire next visit for a less crowded experience and fewer vendors. And you may want to grab a sub on the way as food or drink venues on any beach on any island will not be as cheap as you would like.

I'm well aware of beach prices, and had no problem with the cost. It was the incredibly small servings compared to other beach vendors on other islands that was the turn off.

As for the drug baggies, they had clearly been out in the elements long enough that is should have been picked up by a respectful local if a cruiser had dropped it there.

The crowded beach goes with the territory, but the city-dump beach chairs should not.

I definitely will be trying another of St. Thomas beaches in future visits.

I understand, with more vendors and locals and tourists alike it gets very busy there. What I see is the aftermath and garbage some disrespectful cruisers leave behind and expect respectful locals to clean up for them. Everyone can contribute in this effort.

Try Sapphire, you will be much happier. Stop at the store by your dock and pick up some subs and drinks to save $$, not a bad idea really. A Heineken at the Banana Cabana (at Sapphire) is $5, can't remember the price of a burger or mahi sandwich. But the beach is clean.

Archived