Grand Princess - Still no thermal suite?

jbrentf

Is it correct that this is one of the differences between "Grand" and the other grand class ships is still no thermal suite?
Thermal suite was first added on the Star when the Youth Center was moved aft. There is no TS on the Golden or the Grand. In addition to the other Grand Class ships, the Coral and Island also have a TS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is the thermal suite?

Just a little piece of heaven on the ocean.:) Actually, it is an extremely relaxing steam and sauna suite. It is co-ed, so bathing suites are a must. It cost additional to use it, but I believe it might be a perk on some suites.

Is there one on Coral or Crown? Do you need reservations? If so, can this be done in advance with Lotus Spa?
Both the Coral and the Crown have a TS. You need to sign up for the entire cruise and they limit the number of people so it does not get crowded. Costs have varied. On the Coral in Alaska they had a special of $130/couple for the 7 day cruise while on the Sapphire on a Mexico cruise it was $100/person for the 7 day cruise. Don't believe that you can sign up in advance so go to the Spa right after boarding. We were there about one hour each day on the Alaska cruise and thought it was worth the cost while we didn't use it that much on the Mexico cruise and we will probably will not do it again.

• 3 weeks later...
According to the deck plans they are not. They seem to be accessed from the Lotus Spa pool area and are not part of the change rooms.

Does this mean anyone can use the steam/sauna or is the Lotus Spa pool area a pay extra area?

The Spa on the Grand is awful, nothing is where it should be and its a pain to use (vs the other ships), steam and sauna for men and women are out by the pool (expect any sex to use either one and no 0ne seems to see the signs on which sex is which steam), then showers are in a tiny locker room in another area. Really should have been redone, but overall there were many things that were missed in her big renovation

We used it on the Coral but it was not on any other ships we have cruised on. BUT I had a hard time using it when there was a strange man on the table next to me. I just couldn't relax. It would have been better if we had been across the room. I guess I need to use it more so I get use to having others in the room.

I have never checked into it but if you are on a 30 day cruise, do you have to sign up for the entire cruise or can you just sign up for 7 days at a time? $130 X 4 = $520 - that's a lot of money.

Does this mean anyone can use the steam/sauna or is the Lotus Spa pool area a pay extra area?

The steam and saunas on all Princess ships that I have been on have never had any charges associated with them. It is the thermal suites that you have to pay to use.

Having just left the Grand this past Saturday :( I can confirm that the steam and saunas are accessed from outside just forward of the Lotus spa. I much prefer the arrangement in the newer ships that have these in the change rooms. I believe the other Grand class ships have the better arrangement except for the Golden which has the same arrangement as the Grand.

The steam and saunas on all Princess ships that I have been on have never had any charges associated with them. It is the thermal suites that you have to pay to use.

Having just left the Grand this past Saturday :( I can confirm that the steam and saunas are accessed from outside just forward of the Lotus spa. I much prefer the arrangement in the newer ships that have these in the change rooms. I believe the other Grand class ships have the better arrangement except for the Golden which has the same arrangement as the Grand.

Are they decent steam and sauna's? i.e. on some ships if they are not part of a paid Thermal Suite I often find the sauna is not that hot and the steam room is not that steamy!

Archived