A/C Problems on Allure and Oasis

SUZCRUZ

That is correct as interior rooms do not have balconies.:rolleyes:

Interior rooms are not to be confused with Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony rooms, although the rooms are to the inside of the ship they are not interior rooms.

The attitude is really not necessary.

That is correct as interior rooms do not have balconies.:rolleyes:

Interior rooms are not to be confused with Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony rooms, although the rooms are to the inside of the ship they are not interior rooms.

Oh, relax. I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

As a slight aside, the A/C will also be turned off if you turn off the Master Switch which is maybe not so conveniently located adjacent to the cabin's light switch.

Our sons thought that their A/C wasn't working because whenever they'd come back to their cabin, it was always quite warm. It turned out that they were turning off the Master Switch instead of just the lights.

To those who replied, have you been on Allure/Oasis? They are not like the other ships in the fleet. The balcony door has to be LOCKED, not merely closed, otherwise the air conditioning shuts off. Read Trainman's live post in which he details the issue.

We had an A/C problem on Allure which required multiple service calls. Each time, they checked that the door was LOCKED...they tried to make it our issue for not locking the door, and it got to the point where we didn't even use the balcony. It was very uncomfortable, and it has us reconsidering sailing on Oasis in May. Like the OP, a warm cabin is also a dealbreaker.

I suppose we didn't kick up a big enough fuss, because we weren't offered any compensation for our A/C issues on Allure.

We were on the Allure, cabin #8600, which faces the ocean. Every time my husband went out on the balcony, the AC would stop, even though we always kept the door shut. We also found it had to be locked in order for the AC to function. My travel clock has a temp. function, so it was very easy to see that the temp. would be 78-81 F. during the day. During the night when no one went out on the balcony, the temp. would finally drop to 73-74 F.

For us, this is a deal killer. If we can't use the balcony, we will go on another ship.

Not to muddy the waters here, but back in October while on the Oasis, with 600 others and the quacker factory bunch from QVC! one of our fellow Quackers room was horribly warm. Her room attendant had put in a call to mainct. They came and after many checks...come to find out the people next door were sleeping with cabin door open. As this is a guest's choice as to what to do in their cabin, it became an issue as to how to ask the guest to shut their balcony door as they were not only causing issues for our particular members but the cabins on the other side of them. Never was resolved. Even a complaint from our agency who was traveling with us of course and talking to the group coordinator. The guests were loving hearing the sounds of the ocean and apparently slept the best they had in years. They didn't have a clue they were intruding on others enjoyment. The maint guys did try overriding the main controls and they didn't help. A fan even appeared. Our room in december was warmer but that was because i was hitting the wrong buttons. Learned that lesson hard way. yikes. We also say hello and are very nice to the people around us incase we have to tell them to shut the freaking balcony door cause i am having sweating issues!!! Second thought tho...maybe going out and making "noises" would solve this too.... lol So its not always the ac system

We were on the Allure, cabin #8600, which faces the ocean. Every time my husband went out on the balcony, the AC would stop, even though we always kept the door shut. We also found it had to be locked in order for the AC to function. My travel clock has a temp. function, so it was very easy to see that the temp. would be 78-81 F. during the day. During the night when no one went out on the balcony, the temp. would finally drop to 73-74 F.

For us, this is a deal killer. If we can't use the balcony, we will go on another ship.

yep...exactly....we love 6666 an 6664....easy down the steps to get coffee!!!!

glad you enjoyed the Allure.....lots of Explorer crew members are on board. it's like seeing family when you get onboard. Explorer is our "home" though!!!!

Hey gator, care to report back in a few hours? I'm jealous by the way! Enjoy your cruise. :)

Hey Paul. Sorry that I did not get back to this thread. The A/C worked just fine as long as the door was closed. The cabin was kept very cool the entire cruise. Did not have to be locked. Great cruise by the way. The Allure is still tops in my book and Giovanni's was just as great as ever. :)

Archived