Cruises for 2013 and 2014

Cthy651

Does anyone know - when the cruises for 2013 and 2014 will be available, last night I spent more than an hour on the RCC website - which was so slow, I could have fallen asleep. I am interested in cruises to the Caribbean and Mexio from any port in the US.

Or should I just wait till I am on board the Allure in May and book there?

Thank you, I know my cruise critic friends will not let me down.

Happy Cruising

Cathy

They are going to be released sometime in March and April (they stagger the release of the different itineraries). I haven't seen a release schedule yet, but I'm sure someone will post it on CC when it is available.

If you are going to be on a cruise in May, you should definitely book while onboard to take advantage of the reduced deposit and onboard credit, which is combinable with C&A coupons if those apply to your cruise and balcony discounts if you are platinum or higher.

Before you sail, you can figure out exactly what you want to book so that you are ready when you meet with the future cruise consultant.

Does anyone know - when the cruises for 2013 and 2014 will be available, last night I spent more than an hour on the RCC website - which was so slow, I could have fallen asleep. I am interested in cruises to the Caribbean and Mexio from any port in the US.

Or should I just wait till I am on board the Allure in May and book there?

Thank you, I know my cruise critic friends will not let me down.

Happy Cruising

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

First let me said welcome. You should know these iteneraries fill up fast. Many of these will open around mid march of this year.

I advise you to stay with Cruise critics. They are in the know. You can also have your TA keep a watchfull eye for you. My Rule: Research and book early, Get the room you want. I book forward at least 1 year. You may also consider purchasing a Next Cruise certificate while on board the Allure.

Regards, jdc2204

Donna is correct....most itineraries will start rolling out in March/April of this.

I imagine that we'll see the release schedule sometime in the next month.

So, they should be out by the time you go on your May cruise :-)

And I'm with ya....we're doing Europe 2013 again and I am anxiously waiting on the schedule release to see if we'll be doing Celebrity or Royal.

Thank you everyone for your quick replies - I also like to book well in advance. We having been taking a cruise every 2 years, but as we are getting older (me-58 - hubby 68)hubby feels we should be cruising every year - this from a man who initially did not want to cruise -

I will keep my eye on the cruise critic boards, they have been really great for hotel, flight and tour suggestions. My first go to place.

Thanks again

Happy Cruising

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

First let me said welcome. You should know these iteneraries fill up fast. Many of these will open around mid march of this year.

I advise you to stay with Cruise critics. They are in the know. You can also have your TA keep a watchfull eye for you. My Rule: Research and book early, Get the room you want. I book forward at least 1 year. You may also consider purchasing a Next Cruise certificate while on board the Allure.

Regards, jdc2204

Totally agree. We always have 2-3 Next Cruise Certificates on hand (only cost $100) so that when the cruises pop up in the schedule we can book from home and still get the OBC:cool:

I still would wait to book onboard, rather than when the schedule is released, unless you have very strong feelings regarding one particular cabin, or it's a very unique cruise. There will still be a tremendous selection available in May for you to choose from. It's not going to sell out in the 6 weeks from when the schedule is released until your cruise in May.

The schedule should be out by the time you go on the Allure. I would wait and book when you are on the Allure. We just got back from the Navigator and we booked on board and received a four category upgrade, plus the OBC and reduced deposit. I didn't see that offer anywhere else on line. We already knew what ship and when we wanted to go so that it was faster to book on board.

I still would wait to book onboard, rather than when the schedule is released, unless you have very strong feelings regarding one particular cabin, or it's a very unique cruise. There will still be a tremendous selection available in May for you to choose from. It's not going to sell out in the 6 weeks from when the schedule is released until your cruise in May.

They may not sell out, but the prices can increase in a short period of time. I had that same scenario last year for when the Baltic cruise on the Vision opened up, with insides at $500pp. I was trying to decide whether to wait until my cruise in May to book, but I decided that the price was too good to take a chance on. I booked immediately and by the time I went on my May cruise, the prices went up about $250pp, negating the "savings" I would gotten by getting OBC.

So all I say is if you know the exact cruise itinerary and the prices seems too good to be true, jump on it. You could always cancel and rebook if the prices are the same by the time you cruise in May.

Archived