what do men wear?

Cindyloowho2

The suit will be great for formal nights. Also, he could wear a tie with sport coat and slacks for any other formal night. The rest of the time, its normally polos or button up shirt plus dockers for the remainder of the nights in the MDR. My DH does wear a sport coat to Pinnacle (and would to Tamarind if we were on a ship with one) on non-formal nights but it is not a requirement IIRC.

Enjoy your cruise :)

My DH does wear a sport coat to Pinnacle (and would to Tamarind if we were on a ship with one) on non-formal nights but it is not a requirement IIRC.

Ditto for my husband. No tie though;) (He actually likes wearing a sports coat - he's often cold - but hates the tie:p)

For my husband, his biggest issue is the shoes - if he has to bring the formal shoes (or, whatever - to go with the suit) he wants to wear them as often as possible, so he might dress up more on the casual nights to get more use from them. Not a dress code requirement on HAL though.

(plus he knows if we go to Pinnacle I will probably want to wear a cute dress and he should match my dress level with what he wears...)

Ditto for my husband. No tie though;) (He actually likes wearing a sports coat - he's often cold - but hates the tie:p)

For my husband, his biggest issue is the shoes - if he has to bring the formal shoes (or, whatever - to go with the suit) he wants to wear them as often as possible, so he might dress up more on the casual nights to get more use from them. Not a dress code requirement on HAL though.

(plus he knows if we go to Pinnacle I will probably want to wear a cute dress and he should match my dress level with what he wears...)

My DH only takes one pair of black walking shoes--and wears them on formal nights, also. There is no "shoe police"! I doubt anyone notices anyone's shoes, and his black shoes look pretty "normal" except for the much thicker soles. He wears a blazer and dark pants and a white shirt & tie for formal--there aren't many tux's that I have noticed lately.

Depending on where we travel, my husband wears tevas or Merrell hiking shoes. Neither are appropriate to wear with a suit and *I* am his "shoe police" in that case:p

On our last cruise (12 day Black Sea) he didn't bring his tuxedo or a suit - just a sports coat & dress pants, which he wore with loafers (that he also wore around the ship - not on excursions though, since we typically walked more than 5 miles every time we left the ship)

I think the % of tuxedos vs other options depends on the cruise line and the destination. On our HAL cruises, we've thought a fairly high % of men wore tuxedos. Mine did ;-)

Archived