Am noway a Newbie to this but I need some help, Please!?!

lcds1

So I booked a cruise for Spring Break...Good price considering ( this will be number 23 for us).

Started to look for airfares from Michigan and freaked...was gonna cost much more than the cruise for 3 of us!!

So I got Continental out of Chicago ORD to Fort Lauderdale night before the cruise. We cruise on Celebrity out of Miami. To get back home and afford it We are flying out of Orlando the next day back to Chicago. I dont mind renting and driving some- its still waaaay cheaper.

So my question is....When you rent in Florida you dont have to pay extra for dropping off at a different location, yes? And if that is so...I am a BIG Priceline fan...can I bid on a car for FLL..drop it off at MIA...and then bid for MIA and drop of at MCO?

I would appreciate any help! Thanks....

You can do one way rentals using Priceline - check www.betterbidding.com for recent winning prices and bidding strategies. Compare prices on your favorite travel web site. Some of the car rental companies at MIA (Alamo/National) offer free shuttles to POM - otherwise you are looking at a $24+tip taxi fare. :(

Your other option to get from FLL to the Port of Miami is one of the shuttle services - SAS (www.ridesas.com) QLS, and Go Airport Shuttle will make the 45 or so minute ride with prices starting at about $15+ per person. All will pick up at FLL area hotels - which are usually cheaper than those in Miami or Miami Beach.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for your reply, John!

So if I bid on PL...I can automatically assume that I can pick up at FLL drop off at MIA?

And for the return Pick up MIA (hopefully getting a company that will have POM transport) and drop off at MCO?

I want to start bidding tonight I think.

Found SIXT...but I have read too many bad things about their Miami location!

Thanks for your reply, John!

So if I bid on PL...I can automatically assume that I can pick up at FLL drop off at MIA?

And for the return Pick up MIA (hopefully getting a company that will have POM transport) and drop off at MCO?

I want to start bidding tonight I think.

Found SIXT...but I have read too many bad things about their Miami location!

Yes, you can. You will be doing two different rentals. Just indicate which airports.

Also check hotwire.com.

Have you thought about taking Southwest from FLL to MCO? Sometimes there are some good Ding fares.

I dont know why I am having trouble with this-LOL. I "think" its cuz there are 3 of us...and I am flying in and out of other airports-altho I have used multi airports before.

I thought that there was no penalty Having to Pay More- In FLorida to go from one city to another???- no additional drop off fee. But when I put it in in the various car rental places and priceline website it does cost more.

Do I just say I am re dropping the car off at FLL but take it to MIA or POM? to bid on Priceline?

Getting worried as it is Spring Break and I want to secure cars and hotels.

Thanks everyone!

On Priceline, you need to indicate that it is a one-way rental or you are dropping off at different points. You have to click on that. You will put in FLL and drop off at MIA for your first rental. Second rental is MIA to MCO (Orlando), right?

JVMD is correct. Good advice.:cool:

FYI there are NO car rental facilities at POM - Avis and Hertz have downtown locations close to POM, and some of the MIA airport rental agencies offer free shuttle service to/from POM.

Good luck! :)

Archived