Any Opinions on Cabin N703 on Maasdam?

Spire2000

I have not been in that particular room but I would suspect with it being so far forward and low that you could experience a fair amount of movement, particularly if you hit any rough seas. As for the ship, the Maasdam is my favorite HAL ship so far. She is beautiful and the perfect size. Last time I was on her, I booked Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale and did so only four days out. I booked an NN guarantee. I got an IQ108 and wished I had locked the NN 703. Even though the NN 703 is forward, it is a regular size cabin. Instead I got "upgraded" to the IQ. When I got to the room, I could not believe that they actually sold this room as a room. It was so very tiny that my hubby and I could not stand up at the same time and the door hit the bed when opened. Needless to say, we stayed out of the room a lot. After the fact, I heard that this room was previously a crew member's room that they gave us when the ship was fully booked. The ship was great. The cruise was nice. The room wasn't.

As for the NN703, as long as you do not hit high seas, it should be fine.

you have a quad room which is great :) especially if you need it :)

I would think it should be relatively quiet. A bit of a walk to some places, but the Maasdam isn't a big ship. Who knows, you may still get an upsell offer especially where you have already got your assignment;)

Our first HAL cruise coming up and we've been assigned cabin N703. Looking at the layout of he ship, the room seems a little remote. Anyone have any opinions on this cabin?

Thanks in advance.

Was this a guarantee cabin? It seems early to get your assignment. We are on that cruise and haven't gotten ours. Or was that just where your travel agent put you when you booked?

Was this a guarantee cabin? It seems early to get your assignment. We are on that cruise and haven't gotten ours. Or was that just where your travel agent put you when you booked?

Thanks for all the info folks. I don't really have a feel for how distant the cabin is relative to the size of the ship so I'm glad you all don't see it as a problem aside from any high seas we hit.

As for how we got this cabin, well I don't really know. My folks booked through their their HAL rep and my dad can be a bit, err, assertive when he is trying to convince someone of something. Oddly, they are still waiting for room assignment but ours is stated clearly on the docs HAL delivered to us. I'm not sure what a guarentee cabin is so I can't answer that unfortunately.

I'm guessing that your dad booked a guarantee cabin for himself. This means he paid slightly less than the other cabins in that category but he doesn't get to pick his own cabin. Holland America will assign him one close to the sailing date. People book guarantees in hopes of getting a better cabin (upgrade) for no more money. Sometimes it's a heck of a deal and sometimes you end up with a cabin you're not happy with. Nothing you can do about it at that point. He probably picked a specific cabin for you that he thought you'd be happy with. That's why you have your cabin number and he does not.

Archived