Seems like Royal threw in the towel on their seat saving policy in the Main Theater

bajathree

I actually asked the crew member who was guarding the suite seating area and he said there was no reserved seating for D+ members.

Unfortunately they sometimes have crew that don't know the D+ rules...next time let them know that and if an issue just let the concierge know of the problem....the concierges also have stickers they can put on your D+ card that will not only allow access to reserve seating but access into any show without reservations other than the comedy show....just like if you had a gold card.

Unfortunately they sometimes have crew that don't know the D+ rules...next time let them know that and if an issue just let the concierge know of the problem....the concierges also have stickers they can put on your D+ card that will not only allow access to reserve seating but access into any show without reservations other than the comedy show....just like if you had a gold card.

Great info, thanks a lot Steve. So you're saying, the seating won't be labeled D+ seating, it's the same seating used by the Suite guests (gold pass holders)?

Sorry I dont honor rude people and their idiocy. There are multiple elevators, why are they all around one. It was just me alone, they were demanding I get out for their party. Get out of here. I blew them off by not removing myself because they were rude and again, idiots. 6 grumpy old people yelling at one person because they didnt have the elevator to themselves. Sorry, thats a little unreal to me. Plenty of room not to be that way. If anyone of you were addressed in the manner I was you would probably say a few things not to nice back, which I didnt at all. I guarantee many of you would.

We are often late to the shows (as in around 10 minutes before).

On the balcony there are on each side (depending on ship) 2 standalone chairs that are meant for the partner for a wheelchair.

Many time there are a couple sitting there without any wheelchair around.

And even if I ask if I could have the chair closest to my wife, I am often told no.

On our last cruise I was 50% of the time standing behind her....

Cheers

Easy,don't come late.:rolleyes:

I am really really getting "seat shy" from reading postings about chair hogs at the pool and seat saving in the Theater. I have not run into people that have grumbled so much about seats/chairs. Is it an RCI thing? or CC thing need to "vent" and move on thing?

Egads - I'm thinking "what if".... Situation:

Going to dinner and then to the theater. Get there early (about 20-30 mins) and sitting there thinking "I have to go!" I usually leave my sweater/jacket on the chair with DH whilst I "run" to the girls room. Now I am thinking - should I make and laminate a sign that I will be back in 5 mins - had to go to the "necessary room"? What would you all suggest if after being seated and having time available - can one "get up and go" prior to the show without causing turbulence in the aisles? (Even if I stop prior to getting to the theater - one never knows about those urges to have to "go").

Just a question.....

I don't think it's rude in all cases to ask this. How many times have you seen 2 people sitting on the end, then another party comes in and purposely leaves a seat between themselves and the other party? It happens all the time. That ends up leaving single seats within the row. I don't find it rude at all to ask people to move over 1 seat so that a couple can sit together. Of course some people prefer the end, like my long legged DH, but within a row I think it would be very considerate to allow a couple to sit together and moving 1 seat over won't kill me.

It is rude. We would never ask anyone to move. We would assume they choose those seats for a reason. That's why we get to the shows early to get the seats we want. Not to move for those that show up later.

It is rude. We would never ask anyone to move. We would assume they choose those seats for a reason. That's why we get to the shows early to get the seats we want. Not to move for those that show up later.

You obviously completely missed the point. Sitting in a row but leaving a seat between will create single seats. This is inconsiderate IMO. It has nothing to do with coming late. This situation can occur way before showtime.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

You obviously completely missed the point. Sitting in a row but leaving a seat between will create single seats. This is inconsiderate IMO. It has nothing to do with coming late. This situation can occur way before showtime.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I said later not coming late. If you want to move good for you. Enjoy your upcoming Cruise.

Just post a sign outside the entrance to the theater:

There is no saving of seats, if the other members of your party are not present, wait outside until they arrive.

Jim

What a concept. I'm sure woman who was smoking a cigarette right under a "No Smoking" sign on Navigator last month would obey a no chair saving sign.

Sorry for the sarcasm (not really:p), but if people are disinclined to follow rules that are announced and printed in the Compass, a sign isn't going to change them. Enforcement by the crew would have a better outcome, at least most of the time. I think...

I know I was a jerk this night but about two years ago a man asked me and mine to move down 2 seats so his family could sit together. I san "no thank you sir I arrived early and waited in line and hand picked this seat expressly for me!" I refused. My God I got the ugliest looks from him and his wife. Was this petty of me...yes...... But I might have moved if he was more polite but he acted entitled....this unerved me.

I certainly did not come early to save this late comers seat.

I will not move either. If you want seats together than come earlier.

Here here. How bout people who feel entitled to an elevator before you? When I boarded the Jewel this December I walked to the rear elevators to get to my room. I saw a group of older women all bunched up near one elevator waiting. I walked over to far end elevator and hit the button. It came in seconds and one of the elderly women went berzerk on me saying they've been waiting for an elevator for so long and how rude of me not to offer the elevator to them. I blew her off.

Sure you might have waited and let them on first......You certainly were not obligated. It might have been a nice jesture. It was your choice.

On the other hand this elderly woman was obnoxious for going "berzerk" and calling a complete stranger "rude."

Just let her try doing combat like this out in the real world and some hot head is likely to hand her her dentures!!!!!

Jeeze what is with people who think they can aggressively confront complete strangers and correct them as if they are superior.

I think it's all about context and how respectful folks are to one another. On a recent cruise, the theater was filling up and it was close to showtime. DW and I had 2 open seats to our left and 2 to our right. A family of 4 came in, politely asked if anyone was sitting in those seats, and then went to occupy them. I offered to move down so they could sit together. They very politely thanked us and all were happy. They could have just as easily politely asked if they could sit together and I would not have had and problem with moving down 2 seats.

It's all about attitiude. Courtesy and politeness go a long way. Unfortunately, complaints like what we are reading in this thread are spurred by a lack of courtesy by at least one of the parties. And it seems to be disappearing more and more as time goes on.

Here here. How bout people who feel entitled to an elevator before you? When I boarded the Jewel this December I walked to the rear elevators to get to my room. I saw a group of older women all bunched up near one elevator waiting. I walked over to far end elevator and hit the button. It came in seconds and one of the elderly women went berzerk on me saying they've been waiting for an elevator for so long and how rude of me not to offer the elevator to them. I blew her off.

Actually, in your case, those women were entitled to that elevator before you. They were there first. It doesn't make her reaction appropriate though.

I think it's all about context and how respectful folks are to one another. On a recent cruise, the theater was filling up and it was close to showtime. DW and I had 2 open seats to our left and 2 to our right. A family of 4 came in, politely asked if anyone was sitting in those seats, and then went to occupy them. I offered to move down so they could sit together. They very politely thanked us and all were happy. They could have just as easily politely asked if they could sit together and I would not have had and problem with moving down 2 seats.

It's all about attitiude. Courtesy and politeness go a long way. Unfortunately, complaints like what we are reading in this thread are spurred by a lack of courtesy by at least one of the parties. And it seems to be disappearing more and more as time goes on.

Paul, you are 100% correct. Of course it's understood that no one is obligated to do anything they don't want to do, except follow the rules, that is. But being courteous and polite to people is what makes a civilized society. Today many people are very self centered and that's why we're in the state we're in now.

100% agree with you. If someone asks politely in such a situation as this I don't see why you wouldn't move. Of course, I would have choice of which way I moved, they get the seats that are left :cool:.

Unfortunately we live a society where it has become "all about me" and common courtesy has gone out the window which gets even more exaggerated when people are of vacation, after all it is "their vacation" and why would they bend for anyone else!

Spot on!

Regarding the elevator....In the situation where ladies were waiting and someone came up and happened to be in front of the elevator when it opened.... I think I would have stepped into the door way to "hold" the door open and indicated to the ladies to come on and get aboard before I went in. I think my DH would have done the same.

It IS about courtesy and politeness that gains self respect and respect of others.

Actually, in your case, those women were entitled to that elevator before you. They were there first. It doesn't make her reaction appropriate though.

I both agree and disagree...I probably would have boarded first and then held the open button for them as based on your description of them it may have taken a bit of time for all of them to get on it. If this is what you did, I don't think that was wrong. If you snaked the elevator, then you were just rude.

Just on Oasis I witnessed a mother in a wheel chair with her young son pushing her...they were waiting for an elevator...every elevator that opened was rushed by people and didn't allow the women in the wheel chair to get in...several elevators past and the women was getting very frustrated....sad.

The age or gender of the complaining passenger has nothing to do with the issue. Anyone, male or female, or any age might react with anger if they feel they have been treated with disrespect.

Furthermore, many quite young passengers have dentures or partial plates while, believe it or not, many elderly passengers do not have dentures, so that isn't even relevant to the discussion. My mother died at ninety with all her teeth. My father died at eighty-six with all of his teeth.

We haven't cruised with Princess in over 10 years so I don't know if the following is still current or not. They used to have activities on the stage pre-show. Sometimes bingo, sometimes the band played while people danced.

Many times the couples that danced were every bit as good as the professionals. Every now and then, the cruise director would go to the mike and tell everyone to move to the middle of the aisles. He'd make jokes pointing to the empty seats. The diversion was like a "warm up" act. The time went quickly, we had fun and there wasn't the problem of isolated seats scattered all over the place much less multiple "saved" seats. Surely we all understand someone having to make a quick dash to the bathroom.

Archived