Jax Flight at 10:30 AM

c&d

What are the chances of making a flight out of JAX at 10:30 am last few times we have cruises out of Jacksonville we have drove down. this time we are looking at flying in?

I will not be able to do self assit but am Plantinum so I know we will be off early but not sure how early

Thanks Southern, I was thinking when we drove down last year we were off the ship around 8:00-8:30 I figured I may be pushing it with a early flight oh well late in day flight or next day.

Thanks again

My first Fascination cruise, there was a delay because some people whose names were called over and over and over and over failed to report wherever it was they had to report (non-US passport holders?).

So self-assist didn't even begin until 8:30. So, you have to get in line to haul your stuff off the ship; get in line for immigrations; get in line for a cab/shuttle.

And the airport is not real close - at least 15 or 20 minutes away.

Sure, you probably would make it IF everything goes smoothly. But things don't always go smoothly.

Unless the airport is very close to the port, like in Ft Lauderdale, I never book before noon. I just prefer to relax that last morning rather than finish my cruise needing to be up extra early and being all stressed about possibly missing a flight

Thanks Southern, I was thinking when we drove down last year we were off the ship around 8:00-8:30 I figured I may be pushing it with a early flight oh well late in day flight or next day.

Thanks again

No problem, have a great cruise

Unless the airport is very close to the port, like in Ft Lauderdale, I never book before noon. I just prefer to relax that last morning rather than finish my cruise needing to be up extra early and being all stressed about possibly missing a flight

In the group that did platinum self assist, there was a couple that were upset because they were going to miss their flight. It was an 8:40 flight..lol

Last time my sister and I flew out of JAX we were on Celebration and I think that was back in 07, was a smaller ship. I really am pushiing it if I think we can make a 10:30 flight not worth the hassle and stress.

Just got off the Facincation on Saturday. We were in the first group to be called after self-assist and they did not start calling us until almost 9:30.....:eek:.......by the time we collected luggage and caught the shuttle to the airport parking it was already pushing 10:15 or so.

The debarkation times were printed in the Fun Times the night before so we knew what to expect. They were letting people off exactly by those times and not a minute earlier.

I made the comment to my husband that this was the latest debark we have ever had. In Port Canaveral we get the same group number and are usually off the ship and in the car by 8:30 at the latest.

So based on our experience.......no way would I book a flight at that time because even with self-assist I don't think you would make it!!!

Archived