All Things TEA TIME

Almost Packed

I posted this in the other Tea thread, but thought I would add it here too ...

It has always been every sea day on every ship I have ever cruised, in the main dining room at 3pm.

It's never listed in the Activities section of FunTimes though, its always in the Dining options section, so hard to notice. Same thing on the Hub App - its in the dining section. I think most people have no idea it exists. I have taken soooo many repeat cruisers that I meet on the ship with me who have never heard of it.

When I filled out the survey for the Hub App on my last cruise, I suggested they add Tea Time in both locations (activities & dining) in the app (you can fill out the survey within the app). They actually have already implemented some of the suggestions that I made (and others I'm sure) before, so I think they are really working to improve this app.

As mentioned, for no charge the bags they offer are green tea and Lipton regular or decaf. Specialty teas are an upcharge, $1.95 if I remember correctly. Or, feel free to bring your own tea bags if there is a certain tea you really prefer.

Another thing that is not highly advertised is the Taste Bar. That's from 5:30-8:30 (if I remember times correctly), usually 3-4 nights per 7 night cruise. Also listed in the Dining section, not activities section. It's a little bar they have set up that offers just a taste of some things from the specialty restaurants on the different ships. Every night is a different taste of just a couple bites. A wonderful yummy little appetizer to dinner, we make a point to never miss it !

The "upsell" tea is a brand called The Art of Tea. It's an organic tea that is packaged in a pyramid-shaped bag. Carnival features 6 varieties. A 12 bag sampler on The Art of Tea website is $18. I tried the white coconut creme tea, which I loved, and an herbal variety that was a tropical blend, which was similar to others I've had. Thought each was worth the $1.95 fee.