Diamond Princess Asia - Staggered Boarding

Katie333

Hi all,

To those who have done a cruise departing from Tianjin (Beijing), I noticed Princess is operating a staggered boarding schedule by deck. I've never seen them do this on other routes (just suggested times that are 'open' from x to x), so I am curious if this is religiously followed?

I am particularly curious because we are platinum and that typically allows us to get ahead of the crowds and board early - will this still apply?

Thank you!

Hi all,

To those who have done a cruise departing from Tianjin (Beijing), I noticed Princess is operating a staggered boarding schedule by deck. I've never seen them do this on other routes (just suggested times that are 'open' from x to x), so I am curious if this is religiously followed?

I am particularly curious because we are platinum and that typically allows us to get ahead of the crowds and board early - will this still apply?

Thank you!

If preferred boarding applies, then the staggering should not apply to you.

What happens to this policy if most of the passengers are platinum or elite?

If most are Platinum or Elite, then you have the usual mess.

You will have the usual mess in any event.

Those with Princess xfers from the Beijing airport will not be told to stick around the airport extra hours so they can take a later bus that will meet their staggered boarding time.

So what I'm reading is that it may well be a mess because I think this cruise will attract a large proportion of Platinum+ cruisers.

With the plans we have made, and given the risk of fog and delays on the road, I believe we will arrive earlier than our scheduled boarding time. I guess we'll have to take our chances that Platinum status will apply.

Archived