kings wharf, Bermuda

mjmme

Motorbikes are EXTREMELY dangerous and the ship discourages renting them. You have to remember that, as a British island, driving is on the left which can be very disorienting. With the narrow roads, cars and buses will pass you and it can be intimidating. The roads are lined with coral and we had passengers on our previous trips who wound up on the wrong side of the coral and were pretty cut up. We not fans of King's Wharf as there is very little to do. You have a few shops and sites to see but not much else. You can take a ferry across the harbor to Hamilton. Taxis were plentiful to take you to the beaches which are close. Buses are also convenient but, if I remember correctly, it takes 60 to 90 minutes to go from one end of Bermuda to the other. St. George is fun for an afternoon but it is on the far end of the island. It is a beautiful island with friendly people. You'll enjoy whatever you do.

Motorbikes are EXTREMELY dangerous and the ship discourages renting them.

I have to disagree with you motorbikes are not dangerous ...inexperienced riders are

Riding on a different side of the road than you are use to is a challenge

If you have never ridden a scooter or motorcycle this may not be the place to learn on the fly

I spent a week in Bermuda and rode all over St George and nearby beaches on a motor scooter with my 13 year old son. Loved every minute of it and never felt unsafe one bit. However, their pink bus system and ferry system is so good you don't need to rent a scooter. My next trip to Bermuda will be a cruise and I can't wait!

We get a day pass for the bus which also covers the ferry. This way we wander off to Hamilton by either ferry or bus, then after seeing Hamilton take the ferry to St. George, wander around and take busses back. This way we get to see a lot of the island from both land and sea. I forget how much it was a few years ago for the day pass but I think around $12 p/p. Don't quote me on that.

Archived