Chance of being assigned MTD & other MTD Qs

OnlyMe

We booked our upcoming cruise just over a week ago and since we sail in just over 4 weeks time all dining options were booked up except late seating. We have requested to be waitlisted for MTD and its noted on our reservation (and we've paid the gratuties) - my question is, what is the likelihood of us actually being assigned MTD? We have a 3.5yo with us and although we will possibly be mainly eating in the buffet quite a bit we would like to also eat in the MDR some of the time but 8.30 seating is quite late for a little one. Has anyone any experience of being waitlisted before? Do you think we will know in advance of embarking?

Also, I have been reading about MTD (last time we sailed RCL they didn't have it) and people mention about having the same table / waiters .... can you request the same table / waiters even if you book different times for eating on different nights? I realise if you just show up it wouldn't be a possibility but what if you booked ahead?

Thanks for any help

Thanks so much for your reply! I have been checking my booking online now and then in the hope that it might have changed. I will definately go to the MDR when we board and see if they can do anything for us. It's not the end of the world if they can't and we will live with it but its no harm in asking :)

You might want to send an email request in addition. I do not know if it will help, but it will only take a minute. I agree late dining is awfully late for most little kids.

RCLDining@RCCL.Com

Can you wait list for both early dining and MTD? I suspect either would be better for your family than what you have now.

If you do not clear the wait list before you board, go straight to the MTD desk outside the dining room and ask to be added. there is a chance they will have saved some spaces. If that does not work, go visit the MadreD during his posted hours on the first afternoon. Hopefully something will work out.

I was waitlisted for my cruise in december and also emailed the dining account. They couldn't help me and said that MTD was overbooked. Well as soon as we got on board we found the MTD desk in the dining room and they sorted us right out :) we got MTD and had the same table every night afterwards!

I was waitlisted for my cruise in december and also emailed the dining account. They couldn't help me and said that MTD was overbooked. Well as soon as we got on board we found the MTD desk in the dining room and they sorted us right out :) we got MTD and had the same table every night afterwards!

Hopefully I can do the same thing on Sunday!

Can I request a dining change for someone else I'm sailing with, or does that person need to be there to request it themselves with their SeaPass?

Hopefully I can do the same thing on Sunday!

Can I request a dining change for someone else I'm sailing with, or does that person need to be there to request it themselves with their SeaPass?

To get MTD, I think they will have you fill out a form agreeing to have tips charged to your sea pass account and not to reduce those tips. when sharing an account, only one of us has filled out the form, IIRC. It might be different if you have separate accounts.

To get MTD, I think they will have you fill out a form agreeing to have tips charged to your sea pass account and not to reduce those tips. when sharing an account, only one of us has filled out the form, IIRC. It might be different if you have separate accounts.

I guess I'll see what happens with this. We already prepaid gratuities. Thanks for the help!

Well great news - I just got an e-mail from a lovely girl in RCL and she has assigned us to My Time Dining ... am absolutely delighted:D

Oh, that is wonderful. just curious...Was it in response to your email to RCLDining? Or do you think you cleared the wait list the old fashioned way?

have a great cruise.

Oh, that is wonderful. just curious...Was it in response to your email to RCLDining? Or do you think you cleared the wait list the old fashioned way?

have a great cruise.

Hi, No it was definately in response to my email as it was an email I got back to say that she had switched us - thanks so much for giving me the heads up! I have a feeling we wouldn't have gotten our request without that email.

Hi, No it was definately in response to my email as it was an email I got back to say that she had switched us - thanks so much for giving me the heads up! I have a feeling we wouldn't have gotten our request without that email.

that is great, and we will know what advice to give the next poster with the same issue. I suspect the MadreD would have found a way to accommodate your party...putting an early-to-bed 3 year old on late dining could create problems for you, your waiters, if the kid has good lungs, maybe others around you. By solving the problem now, the RCL dining service saved you worry, built customer satisfaction and made the MadreD's life easier on boarding day. Win,win, win:D

that is great, and we will know what advice to give the next poster with the same issue. I suspect the MadreD would have found a way to accommodate your party...putting an early-to-bed 3 year old on late dining could create problems for you, your waiters, if the kid has good lungs, maybe others around you. By solving the problem now, the RCL dining service saved you worry, built customer satisfaction and made the MadreD's life easier on boarding day. Win,win, win:D

Absolutely! Tbh, had they not been able to switch the timing I very much doubt we would eat in the MDR much if at all - we would probably have taken it in turns one or two nights to go but other than that we would be dong the buffet every evening. This way at least we can give the MDR a try with him and if he starts playing up we can adjust accordingly (ie remove him from the situation without disturbing table mates too much ... thats the plan anyways!)

Absolutely! Tbh, had they not been able to switch the timing I very much doubt we would eat in the MDR much if at all - we would probably have taken it in turns one or two nights to go but other than that we would be dong the buffet every evening. This way at least we can give the MDR a try with him and if he starts playing up we can adjust accordingly (ie remove him from the situation without disturbing table mates too much ... thats the plan anyways!)

It sounds like a good plan. Much of the waitstaff seem to adore kids and, for that matter, so do plenty of other guests. So, your little guy may get loads of attention...he may eat it up, who knows? With MTD, it is likely you will be seated as a party of three without table mates (but close enough to talk to other diners if you choose), so will be more able to tailor the number of courses and speed to your family's needs. If you want to be out quicker, you can just order a course or two, rather than waiting as table mates have an appetizer or two, salad, soup, main course and dessert. Or if the little man is enjoying the dining room atmosphere, order multiple courses and let everybody enjoy the happy child with you.

Archived