Passport turn around time

evergladesgator

What is the time on passport turnaround nowadays ?

thanks

I just looked this up a couple days ago as I have to get one for my son:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/processing/processing_1740.html

Processing time:

ROUTINE SERVICE

As of ( Tuesday January 24, 2012 ), we are processing routine applications in approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application.

EXPEDITED SERVICE

As of ( Tuesday January 24, 2012 ), we are processing requests for expedited service in about 2-3 weeks door-to-door, when overnight delivery is requested and paid for both ways (to and from the passport agency).

We got a renewal for our 6 year old son (which at that age is considered a new application each time), on Nov 2/2011 and we received it without expedited service 9 days later.......was very surprised....I assume that processing times in Jan and Feb are probably a little longer.

I was told 4 - 6 weeks and with my cruise 6 weeks out, I almost sprung for the expedited service but being the cheapscape that I am, I went with the regular processing. I also got mine in about 2 weeks. That seems to be the norm right now. Good luck!

I was told 4 - 6 weeks and with my cruise 6 weeks out, I almost sprung for the expedited service but being the cheapscape that I am, I went with the regular processing. I also got mine in about 2 weeks. That seems to be the norm right now. Good luck!

I hope the samething happens to me. Applied last week and I travel at the end of feb. Didnt want to pay the extra for expedited service. Hope it comes quick so I wont have to spend the day in Miami trying to get it in person. :eek:

I hope the samething happens to me. Applied last week and I travel at the end of feb. Didnt want to pay the extra for expedited service. Hope it comes quick so I wont have to spend the day in Miami trying to get it in person. :eek:

It's a slower time....after holiday rush but before summer rush. Daughter applied for new passport at the post office on January 10, got it back on 23rd with standard processing. Little less than two weeks.

I sent in my renewal on 12 January. It was back to me yesterday, the 25th. It was regular service. I was pleasantly surprised at the quick turnaround. My only dismay was how the cost keeps going up, up, up every time I renew.

We sent ours in late December and it took only 2 weeks without the expedited delivery. We were surprised to get them so quickly. I guess its slower that time of the year !?!

Sent my renewal application in late December and got the pp within 2 weeks. I was surprised it was so fast.

Archived