Passport turn around time

evergladesgator

I sent me and dh's applications on Jan 11th, still eagerly awaiting them. I hope they come sooner than the 4-6 weeks we were told like so many other's have. We applied for cards rather than books, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I was wondering if anyone was able to track the status of their passport application on the US Department of State website? We applied for ours on the 21st so was hoping at least the status would show up online. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised and receive them quickly!

I was wondering if anyone was able to track the status of their passport application on the US Department of State website? We applied for ours on the 21st so was hoping at least the status would show up online. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised and receive them quickly!

You can track it but it is not real accurate. It was saying mine was processing the day I received my new one.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/status/status_2567.html

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that we got our passports today!! We applied for them on Saturday January 21st, and received them today. We did not pay for the expedited service, but I did pay for the express mail return service which was $12.95 I believe. Received them in 19 days, I think this is pretty quick considering they said it would be 4 - 6 weeks to receive them. Now just 29 more days until we cruise :D

My renrwal in Noovember, processed via PA took just shy of 3 weeks. But thete were two holidays in that time to deal with. While the tracking website only showed when processing started, I did get an accurate e-mail of when it was mailed out.

It took 3 days to get in the tracking system, though they cashed my check one day after I'd mailed everything. My old passport was returned a week later in another mailing

Archived