Layout of Magic Cabins?

scotlady

Okay, so I posted earlier and found out that the ocean view cabins on the Magic are actually larger than the balcony ones. But I'm going to ask another question, because what we are really interested in is the layout of the cabins.

We were on the Ecstasy in April and had a great time, but both DH and I had black & blue shins from the lack of room around the end of the bed (and we're probably a bit clumsy, too :rolleyes:). So are there any cabin layouts (other than suites) that have a little more room to maneuver around the end of the beds. Kind of a specific question, I know. Hoping someone has an idea . . .

OVs are 220 s.f. like on conquest class (and also destiny and triumph class).

Balconys are 185 s.f. inside plus the 35 s.f. balcony, so overall the same exact s.f.

Family OVs I believe are 230 s.f., and can be booked with 5.

All the OVs should have the exact same layout, other than some have a convertible sofa, twin size, and some will have a little smaller regular sofa.

maybe a suite.

according to the web site

i am seeing a regular oceanview cabin is 185 sq feet

except Stateroom categories 6C and 6D feature a full bath with shower, plus a separate washroom with sink and junior tub. (185 - 230 sq. ft.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWWuA0HazYE

has some photos of an oceanview.

the foot of the bed is facing the door. gives you little room on the sides

maybe a suite.

according to the web site

i am seeing a regular oceanview cabin is 185 sq feet

except Stateroom categories 6C and 6D feature a full bath with shower, plus a separate washroom with sink and junior tub. (185 - 230 sq. ft.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWWuA0HazYE

has some photos of an oceanview.

the foot of the bed is facing the door. gives you little room on the sides

Im not sure what site you are looking at, but no OVs are 185 s.f. on this class of ship. Probably you are looking at the wrong ship??

Here is a cut and paste from cruisedeckplans.com (and I can copy and paste from goccl too if you want another site. Your info is just wrong.

Deluxe Oceanview Twin beds that convert to king, picture window, television, private bath with shower,... separate washroom with sink and junior tub, safe, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area, sofa, hair dryer, bathrobes. Category 6N beds do not convert to a king.

On Decks: Main Riviera

Click for more details and diagrams

Truncate (-)

dr_deluxe_sm.jpgSleeps up to: 4

Avg sq ft cabin: 220

Maybe there is some leftover 5As before they were converted to insides? But since that was before this ship was built.. makes no sense.

wow that cabin is nice.

I was looking at that TRAVEL city site.

and even the youtube of the magic---- shows the bed under the window.

even the carnival web site shows the beds UNDER the window

Im not sure what site you are looking at, but no OVs are 185 s.f. on this class of ship. Probably you are looking at the wrong ship??

Here is a cut and paste from cruisedeckplans.com (and I can copy and paste from goccl too if you want another site. Your info is just wrong.

Deluxe Oceanview Twin beds that convert to king, picture window, television, private bath with shower,... separate washroom with sink and junior tub, safe, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area, sofa, hair dryer, bathrobes. Category 6N beds do not convert to a king.

On Decks: Main Riviera

Click for more details and diagrams

Truncate (-)

dr_deluxe_sm.jpgSleeps up to: 4

Avg sq ft cabin: 220

Maybe there is some leftover 5As before they were converted to insides? But since that was before this ship was built.. makes no sense.

That picture doesn't look right- way too much space on the side where the photographer would be. Looks almost like a wall is missing.

Okay, thanks for the replies, but now I'm more confused than ever!

Firefly, the picture does look a little strange, but it's hard to tell because it is such a small picture.

So do all the deluxe oceanviews have an extra half-bathroom, or is it just certain ones?

I would love to hear from someone who has stayed in a deluxe oceanview on the Main or Riviera deck of the Dream or the Magic.

That picture doesn't look right- way too much space on the side where the photographer would be. Looks almost like a wall is missing.

The wall IS missing. Here's some pics from our OV cabin on the Magic...

Picture158.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture155.jpg

The cabin was very spacious... the jr. bath was great as was the additional closet... yep... four closets!!!!

:)

Okay, so it looks like there is more than one configuration for the deluxe ocean views. The other picture I saw had the head of the bed up against the window. I would much prefer that layout. If I call Carnival is there any chance that their people would be able to tell me which cabins have that layout?

Actually, I kind of like the Easter eggs. :D

Umm, back to the cabin thing – the picture below shows the configuration I would like to get. According to several websites, this is an Oceanview Deluxe for two people.

When I go to Carnival’s website, it says there are no Oceanview Deluxe cabins available. HOWEVER, if I look under just Oceanview, it lists several cabins available which are Oceanview Deluxe according to both Carnival’s deckplans and other websites (other websites show them as Category 6M). More confusion! Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I missing something?

CL_DR_DeluxeOV-small.jpg

machh is your first photo a delux oceanview

it looks like its set up like a balcony cabin

the last one looks like MUCH floor space at the foot of the bef is that just the angle of the camera

Okay, thanks for the replies, but now I'm more confused than ever!

Firefly, the picture does look a little strange, but it's hard to tell because it is such a small picture.

So do all the deluxe oceanviews have an extra half-bathroom, or is it just certain ones?

I would love to hear from someone who has stayed in a deluxe oceanview on the Main or Riviera deck of the Dream or the Magic.

We were in a deluxe O/V for 28 days on the Magic. Ours was like the one Mach posted with the exception of a couch rather than the extra bed. I like the ones with the head of the bed against the wall where the window is but ours was not like that and it was a deluxe O/V for 2 people. I wonder if the ones with the bed head under the window are on Deck 2; we were on Deck 1.

Archived