Some UK travel agents offering lower prices for spring departures

cruiser1955

I've been keeping an eye on the Victoria voyage to the Adriatic in April. Some UK travel agents have today reduced the price of the A7 balcony to GBP1499 compared to the Cunard offer of GBP1699 and a brochure price of around GBP2600. No free parking or OBC. Don't know how many voyages have been reduced as the lower price only becomes apparent once you start to book (on the web sites I've looked at).

For singles, the supplement is still 75% but not of the 1499. The fare is made up of a base fare of GBP1397 plus a fuel surcharge of GBP102. The single supplement is not charged on the fuel surcharge so the fare works out at GBP2547 rather than the expected GBP2623. It's nice to see singles aren't being forced to pay the ss on the fuel surcharge.

I have been checking the Q.E. For a cruise in may & a A4 Balcony for a couple is £ 3998 bottom line but a A7 Balcony on the same cruise is £4700 bottom line Now how crazy is that less money for a better cabin!!

I've been keeping an eye on the Victoria voyage to the Adriatic in April. Some UK travel agents have today reduced the price of the A7 balcony to GBP1499 compared to the Cunard offer of GBP1699 and a brochure price of around GBP2600. No free parking or OBC. Don't know how many voyages have been reduced as the lower price only becomes apparent once you start to book (on the web sites I've looked at).

For singles, the supplement is still 75% but not of the 1499. The fare is made up of a base fare of GBP1397 plus a fuel surcharge of GBP102. The single supplement is not charged on the fuel surcharge so the fare works out at GBP2547 rather than the expected GBP2623. It's nice to see singles aren't being forced to pay the ss on the fuel surcharge.

We still have to pay 200% (as if we were a couple) on the Port Charges though. That really angers me. On one cruise a B2B TA my port charges travelling solo were almost $1000

We still have to pay 200% (as if we were a couple) on the Port Charges though. That really angers me. On one cruise a B2B TA my port charges travelling solo were almost $1000

Here in the UK they are included in the fare so I was blissfully unaware of this rip-off!

Yes I believe there is a "truth in advertising" law in the UK. Here you need a degree in mathematics to work out the cost.

In my sunday paper for instance prices are quoted for say D8, double occupancy, minus Gvnt taxes, fuel surcharge, port taxes, and of course single supplement. Although I have no hope of ever doing a world cruise, my family brought me an ad once for a World cruise, believe the price was around $18,000 for 120 days (give or take ).

They were shocked when I added on all the compulsory charges as above, even without spending a cent, or paying a tip, the cost came to approx $40,000.

I've been keeping an eye on the Victoria voyage to the Adriatic in April. Some UK travel agents have today reduced the price of the A7 balcony to GBP1499 compared to the Cunard offer of GBP1699 and a brochure price of around GBP2600. No free parking or OBC.

When I look on Cunard's website I can see £1,499 for a balcony for that cruise. That's only £88 a night. The first time I've seen a balcony so low.

I don't think they would give free parking or OBC on such low prices.

When I look on Cunard's website I can see £1,499 for a balcony for that cruise. That's only £88 a night. The first time I've seen a balcony so low.

I don't think they would give free parking or OBC on such low prices.

Last year, we were looking at a similar cruise and still have an email from a travel agent: QV, 24 April 2011 for 16 nights, balcony from £1399. Not unreasonably, no free parking or OBC.

Mary

I received a booklet from Cunard today, urging me to book a Grills cabin and receive $1000 OBC.

Funnily enough I'm keeping tabs on one of the cruises offered.

At the moment it works out slightly more advantageous to book through an agent and forego the cabin credit.

It will be interesting to see what happens to prices once the OBC offer expires

Archived