Towels at Lunchtime

SewMuch

So lets say I'm enjoying myself by the pool and I get hungry. I cover up my swimsuit so I'm all proper and head to the Windjammer. What do I do with my towel? Leave it on my chair? (Chairhog!) Take it back to my room (Long Walk) Check it in at the towel station (Worth the bother?) or drag it into the Windjammer with me. The fact that I've got $25 riding on this if it goes missing makes me worry about something I never would have thought about before. So do people take their towels to lunch?

Wet towel or dry? If it's a wet towel, I check it back in. If it's a dry towel, I bring it with me. I usually bring a tote bag with me on deck to hold book, sunglasses, Seapass, etc. I just roll/fold the towel and dump in my bag. I bring my bag with me to WJ.

If I'm just grabbing a sandwich to take back to the pool, I leave all my stuff where I'm sitting....still using the space! I'll tell my "chair neighbors" that I'll be back (offering to grab them something, too) and it's not a problem.

If I'm leaving to eat in the WJ, or elsewhere, I'll take the towel with me....it folds or rolls up to a managable size.

So lets say I'm enjoying myself by the pool and I get hungry. I cover up my swimsuit so I'm all proper and head to the Windjammer. What do I do with my towel?

Besides your towel, won't you have other things, like a book, camera, bag, etc.

If you will be gone less than 30 minutes, leave everything right there. If you are going to be longer, give up the chair.

Towel tip.

Get your towels and don't turn them in. When they get wet, exchange them (don't check them back in) for fresh ones.

Last day, check them back in.

John why not turn them back in each day? The reason I ask is because I know from simply sweating and using sunblock the towels tend to get a bit greasy so to speak ...K.O. Near Philly:)

John why not turn them back in each day? The reason I ask is because I know from simply sweating and using sunblock the towels tend to get a bit greasy so to speak ...K.O. Near Philly:)

I suggest you "swap" the used towel for a clean one without presenting your sea pass as turning one in, then taking one out.

If you turn in the towel at the end of the day, tomorrow you will need to present sea pass, log another out. Then turn it back in, get logged out, doing this every day.

My suggestion is to just get your towels, and swap your used ones for fresh towels whenever you need to (no need to present your seapass when doing this). For instance, you go swimming in the morning, get towel wet, and you want to go to lunch or back to your cabin, just go to the towel guy, throw your used towel in and get a fresh one without having to use your seapass to check one in and then check one out.

Then last day, present seapass and check your towels back in.

I suggest you "swap" the used towel for a clean one without presenting your sea pass as turning one in, then taking one out.

If you turn in the towel at the end of the day, tomorrow you will need to present sea pass, log another out. Then turn it back in, get logged out, doing this every day.

My suggestion is to just get your towels, and swap your used ones for fresh towels whenever you need to (no need to present your seapass when doing this). For instance, you go swimming in the morning, get towel wet, and you want to go to lunch or back to your cabin, just go to the towel guy, throw your used towel in and get a fresh one without having to use your seapass to check one in and then check one out.

Then last day, present seapass and check your towels back in.

The would not allow us to do this on our last Explorer cruise. The towel guy told us that the towels had to be returned and swiped in by 11pm each night or we would be charged. I couldn't believe this, so I nearly had an aargument with him, and asked for a superviser, but there was none to be found. I would have pursued it further, but we were on a cool weather cruise (New Years Eve from NJ) and we only really had 2 "pool" days.

The would not allow us to do this on our last Explorer cruise. The towel guy told us that the towels had to be returned and swiped in by 11pm each night or we would be charged. I couldn't believe this, so I nearly had an aargument with him, and asked for a superviser, but there was none to be found. I would have pursued it further, but we were on a cool weather cruise (New Years Eve from NJ) and we only really had 2 "pool" days.

I guess it was good that I had no discussion.

Took 2 towels on day one and turned in 2 towels on day 9, with lots of exchanges in between.

Did not have any towel charges.

I guess it was good that I had no discussion.

Took 2 towels on day one and turned in 2 towels on day 9, with lots of exchanges in between.

Did not have any towel charges.

We did it your way on Allure and it worked out just fine.

However, we did not initiate the discussion on Explorer. As they were handing the towels out, they were telling everyone that the towels had to be swiped back in by 11pm. When I exchanged them (with a different towel guy), again they were telling everyone that the towels had to be checked by in by 11pm or we would be charged. This is when the discussion started.

I have only cruised on Princess and April will be the 1st time on RCCL. We have to show our Sea Pass card to get pool/beach towels? What happens if we don't return them? On Princess they are waitng for us in our cabins everyday. I just assumed it was the same on RC.

I have only cruised on Princess and April will be the 1st time on RCCL. We have to show our Sea Pass card to get pool/beach towels? What happens if we don't return them? On Princess they are waitng for us in our cabins everyday. I just assumed it was the same on RC.

It used to be the same on RCI until too many towels went missing.

Now, you have to go up to the pool deck and they swipe your Sea Pass with the number of towels you've been issued. You can usually exchange wet/used towels for dry ones up on the pool deck throughout your cruise, and as long as you swipe the same number of towels back in on the last night of your cruise, you will not be changed. If you fail to return the towels before the end of the cruise, then you will be changed for them.

On our Explorer cruise, it was a little different. They wanted you to check the towels back in at the end of each day, and start over again the next day.

It's not as big a deal, or as inconvenient, as it sounds. It's really quite painless. Just check your Sea Pass bill at the end of the cruise to make sure you aren't being wrongly charged for returned towels.

Archived