NCL Website Glitch or Sudden Mass Booking?

KJE Atlanta

We're on the Jade in late February. Some friends were thinking about booking and so last night we were checking out cabin availability on the NCL website for our sailing. As of last night, I know that at least one of the GVs, the DOS, 4 OS, 4 CY Villas, and a number of other non-Haven suites were showing available. There were a few mini-suites and plenty of balcony options and OVs and Insides too.

So, I went on the website tonight and it's now showing every suite, every mini-suite, and every balcony cabin sold out! :eek: There are only some OVs and Insides still available - at least according to NCL's website.

Having watched prices and availability since we booked last Spring at least every few days or so, I can say that this sailing certainly was not selling super fast (I use another website to fare watch and then verify on NCL - in case our cabin or a higher category goes down so we can re-price/upgrade). While there was a so-so price drop 3 weeks ago, it wasn't a fire sale by any stretch. A couple of categories eventually sold out, but nothing was moving so fast that would foretell going from wide availability one night to almost no availability the next.

So, my gut tells me that this is a glitch on NCL's website since it seems so unlikely that masses of people would coincidentally and simultaneously book all of these suites and cabins within 24 hours. Has anyone else ever noticed this before? If so, does the availability return in a few days?

I also thought maybe the upsell fairy was moving everyone up, but 3+ weeks out seems a little early (and the sailing immediately before ours still shows good availability for the higher end suites and cabins). I suppose one other option is that a someone or some company decided to take a lot of people on a cruise and booked up all the remaining high-end accommodations.

I'm hoping it's the glitch since I told our friends not to book last night and I would do some research over the weekend about which cabin to recommend they get! Doh. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess time will tell.

We're on the Jade in late February. Some friends were thinking about booking and so last night we were checking out cabin availability on the NCL website for our sailing. As of last night, I know that at least one of the GVs, the DOS, 4 OS, 4 CY Villas, and a number of other non-Haven suites were showing available. There were a few mini-suites and plenty of balcony options and OVs and Insides too.

So, I went on the website tonight and it's now showing every suite, every mini-suite, and every balcony cabin sold out! :eek: There are only some OVs and Insides still available - at least according to NCL's website.

Having watched prices and availability since we booked last Spring at least every few days or so, I can say that this sailing certainly was not selling super fast (I use another website to fare watch and then verify on NCL - in case our cabin or a higher category goes down so we can re-price/upgrade). While there was a so-so price drop 3 weeks ago, it wasn't a fire sale by any stretch. A couple of categories eventually sold out, but nothing was moving so fast that would foretell going from wide availability one night to almost no availability the next.

So, my gut tells me that this is a glitch on NCL's website since it seems so unlikely that masses of people would coincidentally and simultaneously book all of these suites and cabins within 24 hours. Has anyone else ever noticed this before? If so, does the availability return in a few days?

I also thought maybe the upsell fairy was moving everyone up, but 3+ weeks out seems a little early (and the sailing immediately before ours still shows good availability for the higher end suites and cabins). I suppose one other option is that a someone or some company decided to take a lot of people on a cruise and booked up all the remaining high-end accommodations.

I'm hoping it's the glitch since I told our friends not to book last night and I would do some research over the weekend about which cabin to recommend they get! Doh. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess time will tell.

Definitely the upgrade fairy and those that booked guarantees are now getting their cabin assignments.

The same thing happened with our sailing but a week later the all showed up again. We are sailing on the Pearl. I went to check our reservation this morning and it said that there is a issue with reservation data and please try again later.

NCL often do maintanence and re pricing overnight US time so we sometimes have no availability in the mornings.

Don't forget to check EU and US pricing they are priced differently.

Also check the malaga departure some grades are cheaper on that

Just checked and the 18BCN is looking thin on cabins also prices a bit higher

hard to know...it seems too soon for the upsell fairy. Guarantee cabins may have been assigned, which could cause the big change in mini suites and balcony cabins, but is less likely to cause a big change in suite availability as I do not see so many GTY suite bookings. I would guess NCL may be reevaluating the status of the cruise. they could be shifting some of the availability to the other boarding location. some agency could have booked a load of cabins or taken them on spec.

Archived