Can't stay loyal to Royal unless they run some sales, suggestions???

$500/person for an OV sounds great to me! :D

Personally, I don't think there is much difference between a cheap 4-night cruise on Royal Caribbean or a cheap 4-night cruise on Carnival. The difference between Royal And Carnival hits when you get to the larger cruise ships - when Royal Caribbean has far more activities and less people/tonnage. If you want to bump your status, stay with Royal. If you want to save a little bit of money, try out Carnival - either way, you're going to be in for a great time with your girlfriends.

That being said, we're going on a 4-night on the Monarch of the Seas in June - not the cruise of our choice, but it's a group cruise and that's the itinerary that fit everyone's schedule and budget.

The Monarch is in pretty rough shape. Is it worth the money? How's the cheapest Carnival ship? Either one will be a "booze cruise" - but I'm guessing a party is what you're looking for :p

I didn't think Monarch was horrible, but it does look really tired. A newer ship might be worth the money if you can afford it, but if not, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. We still had a good time.

Have you RCL Jewel out of Tampa? We did the Carnival Sensation out of Port Canaveral and would recommend it. I think the Ectasy would be better since it goes to Half Moon the private island. I also looked at the Destiny but only for the Grand Turk and Half moon, nassau trip. I wouldn't rule out Carnival and we enjoyed Celebrity. I think that Celebrity would be a fine alternative since it is an adult trip. We ruled it out since it does not have all the kids stuff like putt-putt and waterslides. If you do Celebrity you still get some kind off loyalty reward.

Archived