Interview with Captain's wife includes family photos

eskiemomo

The OGGI interview Fabiola Russo (Schettino's wife) gave also has a "exclusive" photo gallery that includes photos of her, his brother, her brother, him working on previous ships.

I suppose the point of the photo gallery is to humanize him and show that's he's been a sailor a long long time. Do you suppose there is a PR firm behind this?

The OGGI interview Fabiola Russo (Schettino's wife) gave also has a "exclusive" photo gallery that includes photos of her, his brother, her brother, him working on previous ships.

I suppose the point of the photo gallery is to humanize him and show that's he's been a sailor a long long time. Do you suppose there is a PR firm behind this?

Whether there is or isn't, it isn't gonna make a bit of difference to his penalty.

Is there an English translation "button" on your link that maybe I can't see? Thanks

Aye que mira este guey! Yummy!

mg_0151aa.jpg?v=1327424248

He and his wife are both good looking. I would've easily paid a few

extra bucks to dine with him. Too bad he had to go and drive into

the rocks. Costa would've had a repeat passenger in me. ;)

Your joking of course

Maybe she is joking about the dining and few extra bucks, but you cannot deny the coward is good looking because he is.

It's a shame that this captain made 2 horrendous mistakes. He enjoyed his good quality lifestyle, now he is screwed. OK, let's face it, people make mistakes, even a high qualified and respected captain as Schettino bumped against a rock. But...oooh man why did you refuse to go back to the ship!!?!! :(

Nope. I would've paid even more to have dinner in the

Captain's quarters! He could bring along that Moldovan

dancer to keep my husband entertained.

Rock the boat! - Francesco Schettino

Oh look! The captain has groupies. How cute. Do you fantasize about convicted prisoners and write them in jail as well??

Google translate is for some reason not working with the album for me... anyway the caption in Italian of the photo with the lifeboat is

"1985, Schettino comandante in seconda su una petroliera della Sunoco. (foto da Oggi)"

I do not speak Italian but it's him about some oil tanker(?) under Sunoco, it's not aboard Concordia.

Several other photos are from his days on the Costa Europa and some Renaissance ship(s).

Google translate is for some reason not working with the album for me... anyway the caption in Italian of the photo with the lifeboat is

"1985, Schettino comandante in seconda su una petroliera della Sunoco. (foto da Oggi)"

I do not speak Italian but it's him about some oil tanker(?) under Sunoco, it's not aboard Concordia.

Several other photos are from his days on the Costa Europa and some Renaissance ship(s).

Translated: Schettino, 2nd in command of the Sunoco oil tanker.

My Italian is very limited as far as reading comprehension goes

(no formal training) because I've learned it from my husband. It's what

we speak at home. Half of the time I'm just repeating phrases that I

know are appropriate. :D

It's a shame that this captain made 2 horrendous mistakes. He enjoyed his good quality lifestyle, now he is screwed. OK, let's face it, people make mistakes, even a high qualified and respected captain as Schettino bumped against a rock. But...oooh man why did you refuse to go back to the ship!!?!! :(

Yep, I'll agree - rumor has it the captain is putting the blame on Costa claiming he was given the go-ahead obviously to take a different route (I'm sure many know this already) but my take on it from other stories is that he deviated from what he was told just to show off the boat and now look where it got him!

Captain Coward needs to own up to his ill-fated mistakes and take the blame. I will agree however, that is a nice looking captain (I'll give him that) but it doesn't mean I like what he did or should be forgiven - he's responsible for those people dying and he abandoned his own ship - also, where were all the senior officers? Nobody seems to know what happened to them right?

A BALL LESS piece of wasted flesh!!! All this could of been prevented if the so called Captain, sailed on course.... the maniac sailed too close & fast to the island!!!

Just like most Costa, MSC and even Carnival captains he sailed close along the island. Yes it was too close this time and yes he is a coward, but as I said earlier people make mistakes. Who was actually steering the ship, was that Schettino himself???

Archived