Where to stay in San Diego-the night before embarkation?

chadsjewel

We have reservations at the Best Western Island Palms. Very well reviewed on Tripadvisor plus includes parking for cruise guests and transfer to the port. It's called the Snooze and Cruise package. Here is a link:

http://islandpalms1-px.trvlclick.com/packages/index.cfm?spid=SP_20100413183444766314#SP_20100413183444766314

Many people stay at Holiday Inn on the Bay. If you get a waterfront room you can see your ship waiting for you when you wake up.

They have a free shuttle from the airport to hotel and to the cruisepot. We usually just walk our backs over to the cruise terminal. Across the street and down a couple blocks.

There are restaurants on site. A place to pick up last minute items and booze is walking distance. Some shops and other tourist attractions are within walking distance as well.

Staff is always friendly. Rooms are clean.

Deb

Thanks, everyone.

It looks like we are going with the Island Palms on Shelter Island. Parking is included, so I upgraded to a room with a view (for the cost of one day of parking at the pier), which we didnt have at the Best Western Yacht Harbor. We are still going to save over $100 on parking!

Many people stay at Holiday Inn on the Bay. If you get a waterfront room you can see your ship waiting for you when you wake up.

We stayed at the holiday Inn on the Bay. Our room faced the port and when we got up the next morning the bow of our ship was literally right outside our front window. It was amazing but the hotel was kind of pricey. as I recall it was a little over $200.00 a night.

We stayed at the Best Western Bayside for a Christmas cruise. Very nice rooms, stay park and cruise package, free shuttle to and from the pier and a great Italian restaurant kitty corner to the hotel....just four blocks from the water and five blocks to the cruise terminal or should I say freight shed.

i have had best western yacht harbor booked for a while now. however i just saw the island palms and am now torn. it is cheaper by about 30bucks but also doesnt have free breakfast and is about 20min away. but for the price, like the op, i could upgrade to a water view which i do not have at yacht harbor. ahh i cruise in a month idk which deal is best?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived