Have you had to cancel a cruise?

Cupcrazy

Today I'm a little sad. I was supposed to be boarding the Oasis today for the start of a B2B cruise. We had cancelled because my brother & SIL had a baby. Since newborns can't cruise and we all wanted to do the Oasis together for the first time, we decided to cancel and wait. I was dreading this day because I knew it would be a little sad. So I sit here at work on a Saturday watching the Oasis of the Seas Mighty Ships episode as well as watching live pictures on the Port Everglades webcam. Needless to say I'm not getting much work done. That part I'm not so sad about.

I've cancelled once when my Father died and another time when a family member was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Cancelling because of a new baby doesn't seem so bad.

Yep, two times we have canceled a cruise. About 6 years ago we were supposed to go on Tahitian Princess to French Polynesia and had to cancel right before final payment was due, so nothing was lost, but I followed that cruise on the Princess web cam the entire time. A year ago this past December we canceled a Med cruise to Egypt 2 weeks before sailing because of a medical emergency - fortunately, we had insurance. The ship, Brilliance OTS, never made it Egypt because of a storm and quite a few people were injured, so we were very happy we weren't on the cruise.

Today I'm a little sad. I was supposed to be boarding the Oasis today for the start of a B2B cruise. We had cancelled because my brother & SIL had a baby. Since newborns can't cruise and we all wanted to do the Oasis together for the first time, we decided to cancel and wait. I was dreading this day because I knew it would be a little sad. So I sit here at work on a Saturday watching the Oasis of the Seas Mighty Ships episode as well as watching live pictures on the Port Everglades webcam. Needless to say I'm not getting much work done. That part I'm not so sad about.

Maybe this will help? It is sad that you had to cancel, but you cancelled for such a wonderful reason, a beautiful new baby.:) Over the past 12 years, we have had to cancel three cruises for health and family emergencies. First was because my hubby had been diagnosed with a serious cancer and needed treatment ASAP. Second was because my auto-immune conditions flared up to the point where my doctor said I should not travel. Third was because my mom was so ill that we needed to stay home to help her. We were able to reschedule the first two and we enjoyed them all the more for having had to "fight" to get there. The third has been rescheduled twice due to other conflicts, but I'm hopeful that this time is the charm for it!:p

So, chin up and think about how much fun it will be to anticipate all of you cruising together!:D

beachchick

We have never had to cancel but we always buy insurance. We started cruising about 1 1/2 after my husband had two serious illnesses (viral encephelilits and prostate cancer). We won free airline tickets and decided to cruise. We have been cruising for the last 6 years.

Another reason that we buy insurance is that my parents are in their 80's and my sister has cancer that has spread throughout her body. We changed our Easter cruise to summer because of my sister.

I have never had to cancel but I am scheduled to go on a cruise in 3 weeks and my mom has a brain tumor which was dx after we booked the cruise.7Unfortunately, my insurance only covers cancelation only if she dies because I purchased the insurance after my final payment. I think she will be ok for me to go. that is a lesson learned. buy insurance early so it covers pre existing conditions.

Archived